Traditional Catholic books for sale

Started by Roland Deschain, June 26, 2013, 06:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

I am currently trying to sell many books which, given recent events, I no longer need. Without giving a complete list, the following are some of my better offerings:

A hard cover version of the "Catechism of the Council of Trent" by Tan

"The Monastic Diurnal" this edition has gold highlighted pages and is in excellent condition

"The Anglican Breviary" Very good condition with soft black cover

"Blessed Be God" Hard black cover in very good condition

"This is the Faith" by Canon Francis Ripley

"The Blessed Sacrament Prayerbook" by Father Lasance in "like new" condition.

"Christian Warfare" very good condition with just a little wear.

"Work of Human Hands" by Father Cekada. Very Good condition and my personal favorite for understanding the new mass.

Please PM me for pricing and shipping info. Also let me know if you are looking for another title and I will let you know if I have it.
'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Mono no aware

This is a long shot, but do you have Raymond Blakney's 1941 translation of Meister Eckhart?

Roland Deschain

Thank you to those who have made purchases thus far. "Blessed Be God", "The Monastic Diurnal" and "Work of Human Hands" are no longer available.

I am adding the following:

"The Mass of All Time" by Archbishop Marcel Lefevbre in like new condition.

"The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass" by Father Michael Muller in very good condition

"The Mass" by Father Joseph Dunney in very good to like new condition. On a personal note, this is one of the best introductions written about the ceremonies, history, vestments and rubrics of the Roman Rite of Mass. Very informative at 370 pages.

"St. Pius X, Restorer of the Church" by Yves Chiron in very good to like new condition. This book has many excellent pictures of St. Pius X at various stages of his life through priest to a picture of him on his deathbed.

"Pope Pius IX, The Man and the Myth" by Yves Chiron in new condition (never read).

"The Catechism of the Crisis in the Church" by Fr. Matthias Gaudron. This a traditional question and answer catechism explaining the SSPX's approach to dealing with the crisis in the Roman church.

If interested contact me for prices. I will beat any other price for these books.

Thanks to the moderation staff for allowing me this opportunity.
'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Mr Brocklehurst on June 28, 2013, 12:28:56 PM
This is a long shot, but do you have Raymond Blakney's 1941 translation of Meister Eckhart?

Nope, sorry.

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Bonaventure

Unfortunately I'm a broke college graduate. I can't splurge like before.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Bonaventure on June 29, 2013, 11:34:50 AM
Unfortunately I'm a broke college graduate. I can't splurge like before.

I am trying to sell these books and am offering them at very reasonable prices. If you are really interested in one let me know and I'll work with you.

If I recall correctly you are also a 49ers fan so I will also give you a discount for that  ;)

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Roland Deschain

Updated Inventory:

"This is the Faith"
"The Mass of All Time"
"The Catechism of the Crisis"
"The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass"

have all sold.

I present the following:

"Moral Theology" by Fr. Heribert Jone

"Iota Unum" by Romano Amerio

"Manual of Prayers" Pontifical North American College Rome. This is the Third Edition in leather black cover.

"A Practical Commentary on Holy Scripture" Bishop Frederick Justus Knecht

"The 33 Doctors of the Church" Tan Publishers by Fr. Christopher Rengers

but WAIT, there's more....

The next order of $20 or more gets the "Preparation for Confirmation" from Angelus Press absolutely free.

—St Gregory of Nyssa

LouisIX

What is the condition of the copy of Iota Unum?
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Roland Deschain

—St Gregory of Nyssa

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Roland Deschain

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Roland Deschain

Blessed Be God is available once again for anyone who may be interested.

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Roland Deschain

A few more offerings:

Not By Faith Alone: The Biblical Evidence for the Catholic Doctrine of Justification by Robert Sungenis

Theology and Sanity by Frank Sheed

The Papal Encyclicals: In Their Historical Context by Anne Fremantle

I also have (3) copies of Compline by Angelus Press in soft black cover

I also have (2) 1962 genuine leather Angelus Press missals

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Roland Deschain

I will be closing this sale as of Friday, July 12. Since only a few specific titles generated much interest I am requesting the admins lock this thread after this date so that I can pursue other avenues and move on. I thank the mods for allowing me the opportunity.

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Roland Deschain

This sale has ended as per my previous post. Thank you and God Bless.

—St Gregory of Nyssa