What's for dinner?

Started by Fleur-de-Lys, May 11, 2016, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayla_veronica

Sandwiches --- left over pot roast, cheese, sauerkraut, tomato, dijon mustard and mayo.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Fleur-de-Lys

It's 105 degrees outside, and my air conditioning just stopped working. I'm ordering Chinese food.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 06, 2018, 05:36:06 PM
It's 105 degrees outside, and my air conditioning just stopped working. I'm ordering Chinese food.

If you go eat out, you get to enjoy the air conditioning ;)

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 06, 2018, 06:03:50 PM
Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 06, 2018, 05:36:06 PM

If you go eat out, you get to enjoy the air conditioning ;)

My lower level isn't too hot, thanks to classic Spanish architecture. It's the upstairs that is uncomfortable. I'm hoping it cools off soon as the sun sets, and we can open some windows. The repair man, of course, can't get here until tomorrow.

Carleendiane

Lamb chops, potatoes, and veggies. Not real exciting, considering I have boxes of lamb in my freezer. Leg of lamb, group lamb, lamb chops, lamb brats. Wouldn't mind a pork chop. But...we raise it, we eat it.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

jovan66102

Well, when my Cuter & Shorter Half, a/k/a my Dear Vegetarian Wife, left for work she said she had no ideas for supper, so I guess I'm making pasta.
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Carleendiane

Vegetarian??? Barely computes. Been raising our own food for years. Believe me, I love animals, truly, but I've never had an aversion to the use of them for sustenance.....said the farmer.  ;D Though avoiding meats is more complex than simply aversion to animal brutality, for many.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Carleen, I would definitely trade you pork chops for lamb chops. And, beef....I'd trade beef, too. 

We had smothered chicken and onions with parsley; homegrown potatoes and green beans (also smothered and Cajun seasoned); garlic rice; and sour dough bread.  We enjoyed dinner out on the patio tonight.  Soon, it will be too hot!  Little kids are still out here, frog hunting :)

jovan66102

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 17, 2018, 03:15:23 PM
Vegetarian??? Barely computes. Been raising our own food for years. Believe me, I love animals, truly, but I've never had an aversion to the use of them for sustenance.....said the farmer.  ;D Though avoiding meats is more complex than simply aversion to animal brutality, for many.

Oh, she's not an ideological vegetarian. She doesn't mind if I cook and eat meat in the house. Fish, now, that's a different story! She hates fish and refuses to cook it, She has asked me to only cook it in the house if she's gone.

She it did it mainly for health reasons. She had always been overweight (I used to tell her, 'Ewe are not fat, ewe are just fluffy. :laugh:), and she has a family history of diabetes, but she's lost about 80 pounds since going veggie. In fact, the only time I saw her during our long separation was after she had lost the weight. My son was visiting me and I asked him if his mother had been ill. He said no, she was just tired of being overweight.

Her sister, whose name is Barbie, and who looked like a Barbie Doll, has gained a lot of weight. So have I as I've gotten older and my health has prevented most exercise. She told me one day that she never thought she'd see the day when she weighed less than her sister or me.

Oh, and I'm an old farm boy. Some of the best bacon I ever had came from a hog named Tojo, whose ears I used to scratch!

"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux

Fleur-de-Lys

I've given up cooking until my new air conditioner is installed. So we're having another dinner of cold cuts and salads. I'm billing it as a German cold supper.  :D

Carleendiane

Svedka. A Russian dish. :Right, Laus? He knows.   ;)

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 20, 2018, 06:24:45 PM

I believe that dish originated in Sweden actually.   ;)

Carleendiane

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 20, 2018, 06:32:01 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 20, 2018, 06:24:45 PM

I believe that dish originated in Sweden actually.   ;)

Oh crap. You're right. So, really, dinner was chicken chowder, pan fried herb bread, and zucchini. There, have I redeemed myself, Fleur?

MundaCorMeum

boiled crawfish.  I'm a happy camper.  There's just enough left for a crawfish omelette tomorrow for breakfast. 

jovan66102

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 20, 2018, 06:17:47 PM
I've given up cooking until my new air conditioner is installed. So we're having another dinner of cold cuts and salads. I'm billing it as a German cold supper.  :D

Air conditioner? We live in SE Nebraska and we don't have an air conditioner! But it's cool enough right now that we could have used the stove heating the kitchen a bit.

However, I was walking downtown for beer and my Cuter and Shorter Half said she had no ideas for supper. When I walked in the store, they had fresh bagels on an end cap right inside the door. Bagels and cream cheese, baked beans and dill pickles! Yum! I had a beer to go with it.