Looking for a good open world Nintendo Switch game

Started by Bernadette, July 30, 2023, 08:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I'm looking for something where I can wander around, explore, complete tasks/collect things. I know nothing about video games, so I need recommendations.
My Lord and my God.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

drummerboy

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1255560/Myst/

This should fill your bill perfectly.  I remember my brothers trying to figure this game out.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Lynne

I just talked to my daughter and described what you're looking for. She recommended Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing (I think this is very cute), Harvest Moon and Pickman (I have to check the spelling of that).

https://www.stardewvalley.net/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Crossing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Moon_(video_game)

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Melkor

Yeah Breath of the Wild. Seems like a cool game. My buddy loves it a lot.

I could never get into the graphics style (reminds me of gay-anime lol) and also: the weapons break over time. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in an RPG. YMMV.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Bernadette

Apparently a new Zelda just came out, a sequel to Breath of the Wild.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Oh, Pikmin looks super cute and fun! I think I'll go for that. Thanks, Lynne! I wish that Epic Mickey was available, I really liked that on the Wii.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

I found the cutest game on sale at nintendo.com. You play as a fox and explore and solve puzzles based on Nordic folklore.
My Lord and my God.

Khalid

Quote from: Melkor on July 31, 2023, 11:13:55 PMYeah Breath of the Wild. Seems like a cool game. My buddy loves it a lot.

I could never get into the graphics style (reminds me of gay-anime lol) and also: the weapons break over time. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in an RPG. YMMV.

Most old school western RPGs had weapon degradation though. Even the Elder Scrolls series did up until Skyrim.
One can not go against the word of God
- Paul Muad'dib Atreides, Dune (1984)

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on August 03, 2023, 11:19:20 AMI found the cutest game on sale at nintendo.com. You play as a fox and explore and solve puzzles based on Nordic folklore.

That sounds adorable!

Melkor

Quote from: Khalid on August 03, 2023, 04:04:43 PM
Quote from: Melkor on July 31, 2023, 11:13:55 PMYeah Breath of the Wild. Seems like a cool game. My buddy loves it a lot.

Most old school western RPGs had weapon degradation though. Even the Elder Scrolls series did up until Skyrim.

I shoulda confirmed; I mostly play ARPG's so it's a bit different I suppose.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ