Since I haven't made one

Started by Bonaventure, December 29, 2012, 09:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

What brings you to SD? Faith and Friends
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? fisheaters.com, cathinfo.com, ignis ardens, strobertbellarmine.net, and a secular, legal forum that I rarely post on or read anymore.
Why did you choose your username and avatar? I chose it for one of the great doctors and saints: Bonaventure.
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Single
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) The United States of America.
Personality type? Melancholic
Favorite books? Too many
Favorite movies? Too many
Favorite TV shows? Sports
Favorite sports/teams Bay Area Sports teams (not Oakland), Real Madrid, Mexican National Team, US National Team
Have any hobbies? Singing, coin collecting, sports for fun, cars.
Pet peeves: Pronunciation
Fun random fact about yourself: I got lost at the World's Fair.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Bonaventure on December 29, 2012, 09:16:33 PM

You mean pronounciation?   ;)

Which one?
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Bonaventure

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on December 29, 2012, 09:20:13 PM

Unfortunately, the more I've used the internet, the worse my spelling gets.

Which one?

Nagoya, Japan.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Mithrandylan

Charles Coulombe says he prefers Bonaventure to Aquinas.

Bonaventure often times gets overlooked because he lived at the same time.  It'd be like having Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady on the same team... somebody's gotta sit on the bench.  Poor Bonaventure!  I remember reading a story where Aquinas and Bonaventure were both commissioned to write the office or mass or something like that for Corpus Christi (or was it Christ the King?) and when they finished they compared notes and after reading Aquinas', Bonaventure through his own writings into a fire.

I was married on his feast-day.  Also Bastille day.  Also the day Quo Primum was put out.  July 14th.  A very Catholic day for different reasons.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Bonaventure on December 29, 2012, 09:36:35 PM

Unfortunately, the more I've used the internet, the worse my spelling gets.

Oh, no, you spelled it correctly!  I was simply making a joke about how people often mispronounce "pronunciation" as "pro-nounce-iation."    ;)

Nagoya, Japan.

Very cool.  We had a World's Fair in Knoxville in 1982.  It was before my time, but we still have the Sunsphere, the great architectural marvel of east TN...

It was even featured in an episode of The Simpsons.  We're pretty proud of it.  Or something. 
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--