Ben Shapiro vs Norman Finkelstein on Isreal

Started by CMTV, March 02, 2018, 10:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMTV

Sei nicht wie ein Strauß.
Whoever says Pope St. John Paul II was not a Pope, does not have a heart.
Whoever says Francis is the Pope, does not have a brain.
To recognize a heretic as the Pope and resist him at the same time is a modernist heresy and a schismatic act. This is a blatant denial of the dogma of papal infallibility.
For no true Pope should be doctrinally resisted, but obeyed.
www.francisquotes.com

Sophia3

Thanks for sharing, I had never heard of Norman Finkelstein.

Heinrich

Quote from: Sophia3 on March 04, 2018, 05:00:35 PM

I think he is jewish.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Heinrich on March 04, 2018, 05:07:15 PM

I think he is jewish.
My sister has his book called "The Holocaust Industry"
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: martin88nyc on March 04, 2018, 07:24:10 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on March 04, 2018, 05:07:15 PM

I think he is jewish.
My sister has his book called "The Holocaust Industry"

Very renowned book.

I've read it almost 20 years ago. It's a good overview of the extortion business centered around one of the most sacred Jewish myths.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

CMTV

Sei nicht wie ein Strauß.
Whoever says Pope St. John Paul II was not a Pope, does not have a heart.
Whoever says Francis is the Pope, does not have a brain.
To recognize a heretic as the Pope and resist him at the same time is a modernist heresy and a schismatic act. This is a blatant denial of the dogma of papal infallibility.
For no true Pope should be doctrinally resisted, but obeyed.
www.francisquotes.com

An aspiring Thomist

Quote from: CMTV on March 05, 2018, 06:28:04 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11g-E__toWQ[/yt]

Half way through this video. The guy talking kind of does a bait and switch when he tries to make Ben look like a hypocrite. Since modern Judiesm or Zionism are connected to ethnicity but mostly to religion  it's hard to compare them to white nationalism. There are some similarities but not much as the guy states. Further as Ben would say, Jewish religion trumps ethnicity in his frame work and is actually what more or less determines your "Jewish" ethnicity. Ben is pretty dang white and isn't Semitic at all. Yet he would consider himself and Semitic Jews who both have the same religious values as equally Jewish. Can the same really be said for white nationalists?

I guess it depends on how you define white nationalism, but if you define it like Ben defines being Jewish, then presumably a white nationalist would be perfectly fine with white, black, Asian etc immigrants and would like them equally though as long as they all had the same values of "white nationalism." Presumably a black Asian and white guy could all sit down and talk about the glory's of white nationalism and how one day the country will only be filled with white nationalists (white black ect). But when is white nationalism ever defined in such a way? So, if white nationalism is defined anywhere close to how it normally is, it's unclear how Ben's Zionism is akin to white nationalism, at least in way that make him hypocritical on this point.