Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook can be your church

Started by JackoPaul, June 28, 2017, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackoPaul

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has suggested Facebook is able to offer a sense of community, filling the gap left by falling church membership.

http://news.sky.com/story/mark-zuckerberg-facebook-can-be-your-church-10929518

Zuckerberg said: "People who go to church are more likely to volunteer and give to charity - not just because they're religious, but because they're part of a community."

LMAO coming from the guy worth $64 billion.

Chestertonian

Quote from: JackoPaul on June 28, 2017, 09:36:22 AM
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has suggested Facebook is able to offer a sense of community, filling the gap left by falling church membership.

Zuckerberg said: "People who go to church are more likely to volunteer and give to charity - not just because they're religious, but because they're part of a community."

One thing I always liked about church was there were no ads, no FarmVille notifications, no attention seeking and no pictures of what you ate for breakfast
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Miriam_M

Kaesekopf

Sounds like a liberal cleric tbh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Innocent Smith

In the spirit of all those who consistently ask the Vatican to sell all their treasures to feed the poor I would like to suggest that Mark Zuckerberg give away $63 billion.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

aquinas138

Quote from: Chestertonian on June 28, 2017, 11:29:11 AM

One thing I always liked about church was there were no ads, no FarmVille notifications, no attention seeking and no pictures of what you ate for breakfast

I don't know — the additional collections for groups I've never heard of in the local Latin archdiocese feel like ads sometime!
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

SamVanHouten

Hopefully soon, the charade that is facebook will go out of business and people will go outside to actually talk to other humans or at least get sunshine.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: SamVanHouten on July 03, 2017, 11:19:23 PM
Hopefully soon, the charade that is facebook will go out of business and people will go outside to actually talk to other humans or at least get sunshine.

but muh forum
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

MilesChristi

Well, he has been quick to excommunicate people from his church
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

angelcookie