"Invasion" of Kentucky

Started by Heinrich, August 24, 2019, 07:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Fantastic history. Confederacy's high point was in KY, not TX or Chancellorsville.
[yt][/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

It's interesting how both the North and South used railroads.  I figured the South would have used the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, but I suppose it would depend on which army was where at a given time.  After the Civil War the L&N expanded south to Louisiana and Florida, plus to the north.  But during the war it didn't have tracks south of Nashville.  From that video it looks like Kentucky was wanted by both the North and South big time.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Heinrich

That is explained a bit in the video.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

gsas

The South had more freedom, because its infrastructure was not centralized, i.e. its railroads were not all connected.  The North had a centralized infrastructure, a single railroad system, which won the war for them, but ever since that time, freedom in the USA is half down.

Heinrich

That the CSA held on as long as they did demonstrates the resolve of its culture and fighting men. To the Union's credit, at full muster and in full stride of Summer 1864, I really don't think there was a more powerful military in the world. Yeah, I am talking to you, Prussian boy.