Can someone summarize the SOS?

Started by james03, May 29, 2023, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

Side note, the discussion on the Hermetics is interesting.  Keeping in mind that the original sect was pre-Christian and based on Greek Realism, they were "right".  In short they show a non-Trinitarian god has a contradiction.  They try to fix this contradiction by their beliefs, which are somewhat crazy.  But being Greek Realists they correct identify God as "Is", who can't change.  And their argument that a non-Trinitarian god can't know he is God is a reasonable argument.  It might be shown to be false, but it is at least reasonable.

The response is obvious.  Instead of their somewhat crazy solution, just recognize that God is Three Persons, One God, and their dilemma is solved.  It's possible that the Hermetic argument is a supporting argument for the Trinity, in the sense that a non-Trinitarian god has problems.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

awkward customer

Quote from: james03 on June 02, 2023, 08:00:55 AMI watched some of each video.  They are very long and I don't have the time.  My initial assessment was correct, he is like an Ayn Rand.  And like Rand he traces the communists' "tool box" to Kant and Hegel.  Which is interesting. And like Rand he comes up short.

He stresses that "alienation" and "citizen of the world" are common themes.  Which people carry around with them the mark of Cain after calling down a blood curse on themselves after killing the Son of God?  Citizen of the world?  We call them "cosmopolitan jews".  Every Easter and Christmas they are reminded they are not a part of the Nation whose country they are citizens of.  They would really like to create something called "citizen of the world".

Interestingly he mentions briefly "crazy Luria" but that's about it.  Maybe in another video he discusses Luriaic Kabballah.  Don't know.

I think he does a good job in discussing how commies use Hegel, even the current cultural marxists.  And his discussion of it being Gnostic is spot on.  But he can go deeper and show that the gnosis is Luriaic Kabballah as shown by Horowitz.

You mean he doesn't blame the Jews for everything.  It's not simply that like Ayn Rand, he isn't Catholic, and therefore can't see the bigger picture.

The Jews would get nowhere if there weren't large numbers of Gentiles who want the same thing - the end of Christianity.

The overwhelming majority of Gentiles have also rejected Christ.   

james03

QuoteYou mean he doesn't blame the Jews for everything.

No, don't exaggerate my position.  He does good work on showing it is gnostic.  However it is somewhat superficial.  He needs to watch the video from Rabi Yossef Ben Porat and read the book from former communist intellectual David Horowitz.  The gnosis is what these two brave men call a heresy of judaism.

He, like Rand, spotted the importance of Hegel and Kant.  He, like Rand, doesn't understand the religious aspect.

If you are interested in this topic, watch the 3 minutes of the video I posted and read The Politics of Bad Faith.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

awkward customer

Quote from: james03 on June 03, 2023, 10:10:46 AM
QuoteYou mean he doesn't blame the Jews for everything.

No, don't exaggerate my position.  He does good work on showing it is gnostic.  However it is somewhat superficial.  He needs to watch the video from Rabi Yossef Ben Porat and read the book from former communist intellectual David Horowitz.  The gnosis is what these two brave men call a heresy of judaism.

He, like Rand, spotted the importance of Hegel and Kant.  He, like Rand, doesn't understand the religious aspect.

If you are interested in this topic, watch the 3 minutes of the video I posted and read The Politics of Bad Faith.

James Lindsay claims that Gnosticism and Hermeticism are the "secret religions of the West".  Do you disagree with him?  Are you saying that they are exclusively Jewish in origin?  Are you denying the role of the Mystery Religions of Alexandria and Athens in developing these ideas and which went on to have a major influence on Western Gentile thought?

The wholescale rejection of God by the Gentiles that we see today is ultimately the choice of the Gentiles.  Whatever words of encouragement they may hear from other sources, significant numbers of Gentiles are working overtime to dismantle Christianity.   

Heinrich

What's the difference between a jew and gentile, then?

There is also this:
[yt]3-GBFW3WKhg[/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

awkward customer

Quote from: Heinrich on June 04, 2023, 09:38:24 AMWhat's the difference between a jew and gentile, then?

Practically nothing these days.

They're as bad as each other.

awkward customer

Quote from: Heinrich on June 04, 2023, 09:38:24 AMThere is also this:
[yt]3-GBFW3WKhg[/yt]

Do you mean this?

I haven't watched it.  Do they blame the Jews for everything?

james03

QuoteJames Lindsay claims that Gnosticism and Hermeticism are the "secret religions of the West".  Do you disagree with him?
If you watched the video, you know (pun intended) that Gnosticism is a loaded term.  Do I think there a bunch of people believing in a "demiurge"?  No.  Do I believe that there is an elite that believes it has secret knowledge of how things work? Yes.  As far as Hermeticism, even less.  It is popular in magik type religions.  It's out there, but not widespread.

QuoteAre you saying that they are exclusively Jewish in origin?
No.  I'm talking about Luriac Kabballah being the religious underpinnings of Marx, which he combined with Hegel.  Kabballah is based on a secret gnosis that the is taught to some jews.

QuoteAre you denying the role of the Mystery Religions of Alexandria and Athens in developing these ideas and which went on to have a major influence on Western Gentile thought?
If by "ideas", you mean communism, yes.  David Horowitz tells us where it came from.

QuoteThe wholescale rejection of God by the Gentiles that we see today is ultimately the choice of the Gentiles.
No, it is from the fall of the Catholic Church, which held back the anti-Christ.  The gentiles are sheep without a shepherd.  And in the US they are being led by the jewish media and jewish big tech, and now a jewish bolshevik government.

awkward customer

Quote from: james03 on June 05, 2023, 08:22:58 AM
QuoteAre you denying the role of the Mystery Religions of Alexandria and Athens in developing these ideas and which went on to have a major influence on Western Gentile thought?

If by "ideas", you mean communism, yes.  David Horowitz tells us where it came from.

I mean the Mystery Religions of the ancient world - Greece, Rome and Egypt - such as the cults of Demeter, Orpheus, Dionysus etc, in which initiates attempted to encounter the divine by means of secret rites and ceremonies available only to those who had the knowledge.

This kind of thing.

QuoteMystery religions, mystery cults, sacred mysteries or simply mysteries, were religious schools of the Greco-Roman world for which participation was reserved to initiates (mystai). The main characterization of this religion is the secrecy associated with the particulars of the initiation and the ritual practice, which may not be revealed to outsiders. The most famous mysteries of Greco-Roman antiquity were the Eleusinian Mysteries, which predated the Greek Dark Ages. The mystery schools flourished in Late Antiquity; Julian the Apostate in the mid 4th century is known to have been initiated into three distinct mystery schools—most notably the mithraists. Due to the secret nature of the school, and because the mystery religions of Late Antiquity were persecuted by the Christian Roman Empire from the 4th century, the details of these religious practices are derived from descriptions, imagery and cross-cultural studies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Roman_mysteries

The scenario I heard is that Kabbala owes its origin to Babylonian ideas fused with elements of Judaism.  These same Babylonian ideas also found their way into Western Gentile thought via the Mystery Religions.  They then lay dormant until the Reformation and Enlightenment brought them to the fore again.

The origin of both Kabbala and Western esoteric belief systems (Gentile) seems to be Babylon. 

Why Babylon?

james03

Babylon produced three things: kabballah, talmud, and the butchered hebrew old testament.

The Whore of Babylon likely refers to this.  "Whore" is the term the Lord uses in the Old Testament to refer to Israel.

Jean Carrier

I thought Kaballah was invented (or "rediscovered" rather) by an apostate priest that came a Spanish converso Jewish lineage?
All mankind was in the ark with Noah : all the Church is with me on the rock of Pensicola!
- Pope St. Benedict XIII, in response to the emissaries of Anti-Emperor Sigismund and the Conciliarist Council of Constance who demanded his resignation