New SSPX superior general!!

Started by Jman123, July 11, 2018, 11:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

May God bless him and the Society for the next 12 years! And God bless Bishop Fellay who must be worn out with battle fatigue.   :pray3: :pray2: :pray1:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Vetus Ordo

What happened to Fellay?

Is he retiring?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Lynne

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on July 11, 2018, 12:06:18 PM
What happened to Fellay?

Is he retiring?

No, he'll continue to be one of the three bishops but he no longer has the additional duty of Superior General.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Jayne

What happened to Fellay?

Is he retiring?

His term was over.  Superior-General is a time-limited position, unlike being a bishop.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jmartyr

"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Lynne

Quote from: Jmartyr on July 11, 2018, 12:18:12 PM
What happened to Fellay?

Is he retiring?
Rumored that he did not want to run again. http://radtradthomist.chojnowski.me/2018/06/clerical-rumors-who-is-ahead-in-final.html

Abp Lefebvre had wanted this position to be held by a priest, not a bishop anyways.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Elizabeth

This is really interesting.  Can't wait to hear what he has to say in an interview or so.  Bp. Fellay is a hard act to follow.

What are the haters saying? 
We were asked to pray for the election at Mass last Sunday.

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Greg

Another resistance failed prediction.  They suggested that Fellay would make himself lifelong superior G
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

matt

matt

What happened to Fellay?

Is he retiring?

Not really. He was elected for 12 years. He was subsequently elected for a second term, but a third term would be most unusual for such a society. In fact, he let in be-known before the General Chapter that he did not want to stand again.

matt

Apparently, Bishop de Galarreta will be the first Assistant and Fr. Bouchacourt the Second Assistant .

matt

Quote from: Elizabeth on July 11, 2018, 01:23:08 PM
This is really interesting.  Can't wait to hear what he has to say in an interview or so.  Bp. Fellay is a hard act to follow.

What are the haters saying? 
We were asked to pray for the election at Mass last Sunday.
Well, obviously The Greater Leader, Bp. Williamson, predicted this, even though BP. Fellay had announced in advance that he would not be standing, so he'll claim it as a prophesy.

But nothing really changes. Fr. Pagliarani is of the same mind as Bp. Fellay. Fr. Bouchacourt - French District Superior and before that the District Superior of South America who had dealings with Bergoglio when he was Archbishop of Buenos Aires - keeps in contact. So it's simply business as usual, much to the annoyance of the Resistance. Bp. Willaimson's disagreements with Bp. Fellay is DEEPLY personal, nothing whatever to do with the Faith no matter how he tries to dress it up.

Expect the next Eleison Comments call for a Te Deum, even though it was known well in advance that Bp. Fellay would not be standing. They make up the story as they go along.

matt

Quote from: Greg on July 11, 2018, 04:43:54 PM
Another resistance failed prediction.  They suggested that Fellay would make himself lifelong superior G

And he'll no doubt claim this election as an act of Divine intervention...