Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 24, 2021, 02:24:15 PM
Quote from: diaduit on May 23, 2021, 03:55:49 AM
Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on May 22, 2021, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: diaduit on May 22, 2021, 05:31:42 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 22, 2021, 03:48:15 PM
Chickens. 7 of them.

I have 7 too....I love my chickens

I don't have any chickens.  :'(

Do you live in an apartment? they are so easy to keep even with a small back garden.

I definitely have the space. There is even an old coop on our property. But I'm not sure I have the time right now to start a new project. I always thought that keeping chickens would be fun though.

Go big or go broke (when the time is right), get some goats too and watch the goats playfully chase the chickens.....adorable

Definitely! I'd love to have some goats too. There is nothing like fresh milk for making cheese.

Goats will be worth the investment just for the opportunity to taste your roasted cabrito again and your outstanding cheese.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

DigitalLogos

I got a couple of books today from https://www.traditionalcatholicpublishing.com/

Just in time for the month of the Sacred Heart
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Insanis

Quote from: DigitalLogos on May 26, 2021, 08:24:01 AM
I got a couple of books today from https://www.traditionalcatholicpublishing.com/

Just in time for the month of the Sacred Heart

I just canceled an order from them a few minutes ago! The balance is maintained.

Insanis

The Glories Of Mary by St. Alphonsus Liguori

True Devotion to Mary: with Preparation for Total Consecration by...it should be obvious by now!

I also ordered some other books along with these, but these are two I said on the forum elsewhere that I planned on buying. And I did.

Bernadette

I actually have The Glories of Mary as a free audio book from librivox.org. My favorite way to consume books.
My Lord and my God.

Insanis

Quote from: Bernadette on May 27, 2021, 06:58:17 AM
I actually have The Glories of Mary as a free audio book from librivox.org.

Many of the best works are available for free in various formats (it makes things very easy to get good sources).

I have good hearing, but I watch movies and shows with subtitles on. I'm not into listening if I can read.

QuoteMy favorite way to consume books.

I like them baked with a bit of olive oil.

DigitalLogos

"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4

Vetus Ordo

I finally got my hardcover copy of Iota Unum a couple of months ago.

An excellent purchase.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Insanis

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on May 29, 2021, 09:16:46 AM
I finally got my hardcover copy of Iota Unum a couple of months ago.

Do you mean you received it just now after ordering it a couple of months ago?

Insanis

Quote from: Insanis on May 27, 2021, 05:37:51 AM
The Glories Of Mary by St. Alphonsus Liguori

True Devotion to Mary: with Preparation for Total Consecration by...it should be obvious by now!

They arrived today. I got the beads for the Silver Fatima Rosary first, and when I got back, the books were delivered.

I bought the TAN versions. Picture in low light attached.

drummerboy

The wife found a great deal on seasons 1-13 of the Murdoch Mysteries, plus the 3 Christmas specials.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

This beauty. https://imgur.com/gallery/KPJUjap It's a change from my usual mother of pearl, but I really like it. :) The work of our own Insanis.
My Lord and my God.

Melkor

Nice. Say a Rosary for us once you get it blessed.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Insanis

I bought HP Toner today.

It is like making a pact with the devil himself, dealing with printers.

(Incidentally, this is related to the previous purchase, which requires a shipping label to be printed.)