What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CinMed65

The Life of St. Frances of Rome: With an Introductory Essay on the Miraculous Life of the Saints, by Georgiana Fullerton.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I adore Thee.

Bernadette

Hitty: Her First Hundred Years, by Rachel Field. One of my favorite "doll books."
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

Gentleman Spy The Life of Allen Dulles by Peter Grose
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

Getting ready to start Carlyle's French Revolution: A History, thanks to A Little Princess  :P
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

This Kind of War. The Classic Korean War History by T.R. Fehrenbach. One of the best I've ever read on the subject.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

Speaks the Nightbird, by Robert McCammon. It's a historical thriller. Pretty good so far.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Quote from: Bernadette on September 08, 2023, 07:38:09 AMSpeaks the Nightbird, by Robert McCammon. It's a historical thriller. Pretty good so far.
Don't read this. There are some graphic descriptions of vile things in it.
My Lord and my God.

andy

I just got Father Hector Bolduc- Defender of the Catholic Tradition by Thomas Summers

Bernadette

The Book Thief. The narrator is perfect for this book.
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bernadette on September 10, 2023, 07:22:45 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on September 08, 2023, 07:38:09 AMSpeaks the Nightbird, by Robert McCammon. It's a historical thriller. Pretty good so far.

They went to the Novus Ordo and prayed the Luminous Mysteries?  ;D  ;D
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Aethel

I just finished Mark Twain's "Captain Stormfield visits Heaven" - short read, and obnoxious because Twain tries to make Stormfield uptight and pretentious sounding...by 19th century standards (which is already uptight and pretentious). Interesting ideas (like how people get a job in heaven because they get bored of sitting around with a harp; how people prefer looking older age because they can't relate to the mental naivety of younger people, etc.)

Bernadette

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 12, 2023, 10:12:42 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on September 10, 2023, 07:22:45 PM
They went to the Novus Ordo and prayed the Luminous Mysteries?  ;D  ;D
Well, they're all Anglican so who knows what they got up to in church.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Quote from: Bernadette on September 12, 2023, 08:34:39 AMThe Book Thief. The narrator is perfect for this book.
There's so much blasphemy in this book. I don't remember that from my first reading of it years ago.
My Lord and my God.

Maximilian

Quote from: Bernadette on September 15, 2023, 09:02:13 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on September 12, 2023, 08:34:39 AMThe Book Thief. The narrator is perfect for this book.
There's so much blasphemy in this book. I don't remember that from my first reading of it years ago.

That's a good sign that you notice it now. You must be making spiritual progress.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: red solo cup on September 04, 2023, 02:34:20 PMThis Kind of War. The Classic Korean War History by T.R. Fehrenbach. One of the best I've ever read on the subject.
Fantastic book! I would also give it a 5 star rating.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers