Yer Weather

Started by Heinrich, January 22, 2019, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

It was a steady rain here for almost a day: everything is saturated to the point of literally sinking into the ground. My dogs are filthy, with muddy paw prints decorating the floors. Today was the first day since I've moved that I really longed to be in the West again. While the air temperature there is pretty cold, the sun, snow, and sand make the mood much better than mud and moderately mauve, moonless skies.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Non Nobis

Well I suppose this is a necropost; but how can weather be dead?

Fires in California continue: https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents; fortunately not in So. Cal. yet....

But we are supposed to have a record heat wave here for Labor Day: https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/sep/02/warm-begins-san-diego-county-ahead-labor-day-weeke/.  My condo currently doesn't have A/C and it is supposed to be in the 100s (as high as 105 and even 108) over the weekend.  It cooled down a lot earlier in the week from the week before, but that was a temporary respite.

I have 2 family birthdays (not mine) this weekend plus Labor Day plus Church, and none of the locations have A/C.  But maybe we'll go to the beach for one of the b/days. Church is outside and it is usually breezy and pleasant.  So we'll survive, although it will be warm.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Heinrich

Quote from: Non Nobis on September 03, 2020, 04:38:30 PM
Well I suppose this is a necropost; but how can weather be dead?

Fires in California continue: https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents; fortunately not in So. Cal. yet....

But we are supposed to have a record heat wave here for Labor Day: https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/sep/02/warm-begins-san-diego-county-ahead-labor-day-weeke/.  My condo currently doesn't have A/C and it is supposed to be in the 100s (as high as 105 and even 108) over the weekend.  It cooled down a lot earlier in the week from the week before, but that was a temporary respite.

I have 2 family birthdays (not mine) this weekend plus Labor Day plus Church, and none of the locations have A/C.  But maybe we'll go to the beach for one of the b/days. Church is outside and it is usually breezy and pleasant.  So we'll survive, although it will be warm.

We are mild in lower Midwest for this time of year.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Fleur-de-Lys

We're having a cold snap. It's only 99 here today.

Lynne

It's been in the 70's in New England this past week. (I love Fall.) Today, it's supposed to get into the 80's then back down tomorrow...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

mikemac

Yeah we have been getting nice early fall weather for the past week here in southern Ontario as well.  It's forecast to be the same for the next week.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Heinrich

Rocky Mountain West to get snow midweek. I really, really want to move back. There is going to be a 51 degree temperature swing within 24 hours from Tuesday to Wednesday in Colorado Springs. Back in the mid 90's I was watching an early season Air Force Academy football game, probably mid to late September, and was mesmerized by the relentless snow that Thursday evening. I am going to move back. Along the way, I am going to pick up Michael Wilson. Together with him, Gardener and I will reclaim the region for the King of Spain.

mikemac

I was reading the Farmer's Almanac is predicting lots of snow for this coming winter.  They have been wrong before though.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Non Nobis

Fire in San Diego County, 5000 acres, 1% contained, 10 homes destroyed.  Close enough to be smoky. https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/sep/06/5350-acre-fire-japatul-valley-area/

95 degrees 6 PM.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

red solo cup

First frost this morning, 35 deg F.  Skim of ice on the bird bath. It's coming.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

We're having our first cold spell: 65 degrees at the moment.
My Lord and my God.

Fleur-de-Lys

Yep, it's down to 96 on this crisp Autumn day!

Bernadette

It's cold and rainy here. I've finally been able to put my feather bed and winter comforter on. I can't wait to go to bed!
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Quote from: Bernadette on September 28, 2020, 11:41:03 AM
It's cold and rainy here. I've finally been able to put my feather bed and winter comforter on. I can't wait to go to bed!

I know what you mean. It is going to be a snuggle contest tonight among the two legged twosome of the Heinrichs and assorted four legged critters.