Breathing Life Back Into SD

Started by Bonaventure, August 15, 2023, 11:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCLittleFlower

Forums in general are in decline, as social media has taken their place in most people's lives. But most social media isn't anonymous, which means exposing our traditional views and/or politics to people we and our spouses know professionally -- which isn't always prudent. For this, I prefer forums.

But I'm careful what I post. If, for example, I post on IG or FB with my real name and face and say that I went to a particular concert tonight or ate a particular thing, and then I post the same thing here -- well, do that enough and you can really start to figure out who someone is.

As far as the forum in general goes, activity begets activity -- and an unlively, dead forum doesn't attract activity. Which of course means that Bonaventure can't liven the place up alone. I should try to stop by more, but I've been busy dealing with a lot of stuff (family, etc) that's kept me off the computer much.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

maryslittlegarden

OC- I'm glad you stopped by today :):)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bonaventure

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on August 24, 2023, 03:39:05 PMForums in general are in decline, as social media has taken their place in most people's lives. But most social media isn't anonymous, which means exposing our traditional views and/or politics to people we and our spouses know professionally -- which isn't always prudent. For this, I prefer forums.

But I'm careful what I post. If, for example, I post on IG or FB with my real name and face and say that I went to a particular concert tonight or ate a particular thing, and then I post the same thing here -- well, do that enough and you can really start to figure out who someone is.

As far as the forum in general goes, activity begets activity -- and an unlively, dead forum doesn't attract activity. Which of course means that Bonaventure can't liven the place up alone. I should try to stop by more, but I've been busy dealing with a lot of stuff (family, etc) that's kept me off the computer much.

I completely agree with you.

Hope all is well.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Twitter/X/Freemason Front, whatever you want to call it, is a pretty good place for Trad Cath talk, if you find the right accounts. And you can remain anonymous.

I learned a LOT from people I followed on Twitter
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie