Anniversary of the forum approaching

Started by Jayne, December 10, 2021, 01:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

It sure is convenient to have Laus illustrate what I'm talking about like this.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

LausTibiChriste

You're fooling no one, Jew. Nice try. Go back and count your shekels.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Jayne

Since Laus is directing all this unpleasantness at me, I may be biased, but I suspect this sort of thing affects more than the target.  I really think the whole forum is harmed when we see this sort of rampant rule breaking with nothing done about it.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Jayne on December 10, 2021, 05:43:40 PM
Since Laus is directing all this unpleasantness at me, I may be biased, but I suspect this sort of thing affects more than the target.  I really think the whole forum is harmed when we see this sort of rampant rule breaking with nothing done about it.

Yes, we're well aware of how shitty you think this forum is run. Which is the whole point of this thread.

So, as I said earlier, kindly go away and start your own instead of being an attention-seeking Jewess. It's easy and you can get started today, for free.

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Chestertonian

Quote from: clau clau on December 10, 2021, 04:49:55 PM
It's funny.  I was just about to post "I miss Chestertonian" and then he posted.

How weird is that.   ;D

Welcome back "The Stephen Hawking of SD"  (stolen from Greg, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery).

edit: I like Chestertonian.  All the little anecdotes are great.  I hope everything is OK mate.  I bet NYC during the lockdown was not fun.

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 10, 2021, 04:45:32 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on December 10, 2021, 04:44:38 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 10, 2021, 04:02:26 PM
Jews man, not even once
Hey!!

Don't be jealous because we're better at guilt tripping than Catholics 
:P

Hey man, how are ya?!!!?!

Doing pretty well all things considered.  I turn 40 (!!!!) on Sunday.  Considering that I was told I had a life expectancy of 35 I'd say God is very good, especially after a pandemic.

I will say that I meet all the criteria for acting like a Jew:

- I'm not cheap, i'm frugal
- world class complainer
- neurotic
- riddled with guilt
- coastal elite
- Brooklyn born and raised
- my mom comes to visit every day
- Jewish sense of humor
- i bless my son's with a Jewish blessing just like my father blessed me.  Except I do it on Sundays and my dad blessed us on Friday nights:

May God make you like Ephraim and Menashe
May God bless you and keep you.
May God shine light on you and be gracious to you.
May God turn toward you and grant you peace.

Quote from: Jayne on December 10, 2021, 04:58:27 PM
I have whiplash from watching Laus spew vile comments about Jews and then, within minutes, be all buddy-buddy with Chestertonian.

One of the reasons I don't post here that often is that this place has gotten even more conspiracy minded, anti Jewish and white nationalist.  I'm not down with that.  I think it's possible to critique Jayne's views without saying anti Jewish remarks.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

LausTibiChriste

ANYONE who used to belong to a religion that thinks Christ is boiling in a bucket of shit in Hell does not get a say in policing a Catholic forum.

Participate? Sure.

Police? No.

Anyone who lived in such scandal does not have the right to call out others on their own [perceived] scandal.

Seems reasonable, no? We can forgive them, trust their conversion, they can participate in the forum, but they cannot be allowed to discern and chastise the faults in others having demonstrated gravely scandalous behaviour in the past.

- MaximGun

clau clau

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 10, 2021, 05:58:20 PMOne of the reasons I don't post here that often is that this place has gotten even more conspiracy minded, anti Jewish and white nationalist.  I'm not down with that.  I think it's possible to critique Jayne's views without saying anti Jewish remarks.

Thanks for the update Ches, much appreciated.

p.s. you forgot the matzo balls.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

mikemac

This thread shows how badly this forum does need a moderator.  A good moderator would give Laus a permanent ban just for what he has posted in this thread.  And a good moderator would give diaduit at least a term ban.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Jayne

Me leaving the forum does not solve anything.  The forum is left with a bully who makes a point of being nasty to people.  It discourages people from participating and makes them uncomfortable.  It is also a problem because it is so far from the behaviour we are called to as Catholics.  It is bad for our reputation.

Why should the person who wants to follow the rules go away, while leaving behind the person who wants to break them without any regard for others thoughts and feelings?  I think this forum has great rules and we really thrived when they were enforced.  I am not criticizing Kaesekopf by saying this.  I do not blame him for the current situation which was mostly caused by things beyond his control.  He knows better than anyone that this forum needs to be moderated.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 10, 2021, 05:58:20 PM
One of the reasons I don't post here that often is that this place has gotten even more conspiracy minded, anti Jewish and white nationalist.  I'm not down with that.
There is nothing wrong with being anti-Jewish. We are called to be as Catholics, just as we are called to be anti-Muslim and anti-Protestant. Yes, there is a little extra official animus against Jews because they rejected, killed, and continue to reject their Messiah, Jesus Christ.

As for white nationalism, what is your definition of that? I haven't seen any posts like that on SD.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: mikemac on December 10, 2021, 06:09:34 PM
This thread shows how badly this forum does need a moderator.  A good moderator would give Laus a permanent ban just for what he has posted in this thread.  And a good moderator would give diaduit at least a term ban.

Puhlease

What have I said that would result in a permaban

- MaximGun

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Jayne on December 10, 2021, 06:10:49 PM
Me leaving the forum does not solve anything.  The forum is left with a bully who makes a point of being nasty to people.  It discourages people from participating and makes them uncomfortable.  It is also a problem because it is so far from the behaviour we are called to as Catholics.  It is bad for our reputation.

Why should the person who wants to follow the rules go away, while leaving behind the person who wants to break them without any regard for others thoughts and feelings?  I think this forum has great rules and we really thrived when they were enforced.  I am not criticizing Kaesekopf by saying this.  I do not blame him for the current situation which was mostly caused by things beyond his control.  He knows better than anyone that this forum needs to be moderated.

Lmao nice try der Juden.

That sort of emotional manipulative bullshit ain't fooling no one

- MaximGun

Jayne

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 10, 2021, 06:11:48 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on December 10, 2021, 05:58:20 PM
One of the reasons I don't post here that often is that this place has gotten even more conspiracy minded, anti Jewish and white nationalist.  I'm not down with that.
There is nothing wrong with being anti-Jewish. We are called to be as Catholic, just as we are called to be anti-Muslim and anti-Protestant. Yes, there is a little extra official animus against Jews because they rejected, killed, and continue to reject their Messiah, Jesus Christ.

Being anti-Jewish in the sense of criticizing the Jewish religion is a good thing.  One of the most problematic ideas in the post-conciliar Church is the wide-spread idea that Jews are saved by being Jews and do not need to accept Christ.  And the abandonment of supersessionism is seriously disturbing.  We ought to be talking about these things. (edit to add) And talking about the relationship of Jews to leftist ideology may also be useful.

But being anti-Jewish in the sense of attacking Catholics for having Jewish blood is contrary to Church teaching.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Jayne on December 10, 2021, 06:22:02 PM
But being anti-Jewish in the sense of attacking Catholics for having Jewish blood is contrary to Church teaching.
That's the differentiation, right there, between being anti-Jewish and "anti-Semitic". The problems that I've seen, and this is not a criticism of you, is that Jews make very easy for others to hate them.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Jayne

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on December 10, 2021, 06:17:37 PM

....der Juden.

In German "Jude" is masculine nominative singular (pronounced /?ju?d?/).  The genitive singular is "Juden"  and the nominative, plural "Juden"

The feminine forms  are nominative singular "Jüdin" /?jy?d?n/ , genitive , singular "Jüdin"  and nominative , plural "Jüdinnen".

It is incorrect to refer to me as "Juden" since that is a masculine form.  By putting "der" in front of it, you make it  a genitive plural, i.e. of the (male) Jews, which is an incorrect form of address even for men. 

If you must include German in your attacks on me, please get the grammar right.