Pasting an image in SD

Started by clau clau, April 30, 2021, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clau clau

Question, not that important, or urgent.

Is there any way of 'pasting' and image into a post; as opposed to, finding a URL containing the image and then pasting the URL inside an image tag.

The answer is probably, "No", but I just thought I would check.

update: Thinking about it, I can see the logic of not allowing it.  If it was too easy to paste images it might just fill up the server with crapimages which could cost considerably more on storage costs. By only allowing link then the image is stored somewhere else (e.g. Google [make them pay, SJW scumbags])
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

james03

You can upload the image via "attachments", usually at the bottom of the text box.  Note in order for others to see it, they have to be logged in.  They get a thumbnail, and if they click the thumbnail they get the full photo displayed.  I did that with my Coffee Pot post of my daughter's art.  No URL used.  Check it out to see the effect.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: james03 on May 12, 2021, 12:21:07 PM
You can upload the image via "attachments", usually at the bottom of the text box.  Note in order for others to see it, they have to be logged in.  They get a thumbnail, and if they click the thumbnail they get the full photo displayed.  I did that with my Coffee Pot post of my daughter's art.  No URL used.  Check it out to see the effect.

I see what you did here....

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Prayerful

One forum I use allows images of almost any usual size to be pasted in, but perhaps (despite the complaints of the owner about poverty) a forum which is issuing a commemorative and fund raising silver coin (or more correctly round) might be better resourced.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.