Fr. Kevin Cusick, RC contributor: If new Conclave held, +Burke would be elected.

Started by Xavier, February 08, 2019, 07:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

On Twitterabout a year ago, Fr. Kevin Cusick, a Rorate Caeli contributor well informed on Church events, said that "A prominent American prelate known as an ally of Pope Francis, who will remain anonymous here, has been quoted as saying that if a papal conclave were held today +Burke would be elected." It shows us there are still many good Cardinals in Rome, carefully and consciously, seeing so many things go wrong, preparing for the next Conclave. Imho, it's good for them to continue operating, as it were, under the radar.

If God intervenes to enlighten Pope Francis in a supernatural way, that would be sufficient to save the Church and secure Her future as well. We must have an action plan and a prayer project for the next 10 odd years.

At the same time, there are good Bishops in the Church today like Bp. Athanasius Schneider (who also called for the Consecration of Russia, supporting Cardinal Burke in that) who may become Cardinals in the next decade, if the next Conclave is prolonged. Meanwhile, His Excellency Bishop Fellay - who would definitely be the best choice for Cardinal - also confirms, http://fsspx.asia/en/content/23944 there are still many good Bishops, even among Pope Francis appointees, and therefore prospects for Church Restoration from the Hierarchy are still good. Of course, God could intervene supernaturally in favor of the good Cardinals and Bishops, and speed up everything, as we may hope. But if not, surely this is the course to be pursued. And we must not be less patient, than our enemies were in laying their plans for taking over our Church, (for literally centuries if not decades, as the Alta Vendita shows) in aiming to win our own Church back. But imo, it's an absolute imperative for us to be united in prayer and spirit with these good Prelates - as we would have been with St. Athanasius in Arian times - and active in supporting them publicly and in obtaining grace for them in our daily prayers. Thoughts?

QuoteOn the level of the dialogue, all the bishops sent by Rome with whom we have had doctrinal discussions for the past two years told us that the points under discussion—always the same ones—are "open questions". They all said this, the cardinals included. "Open questions", meaning that you can debate them ...

This is new! There was nothing like this before! The bishops used to tell us: obviously there are problems, but at the end of the day.... And here they are telling us: "Resist, we need it!" Actually they do not speak too loud because they know very well that if they do, they will be cutting off their own heads. But they are working silently, they are working to reestablish the old Mass, like one archbishop who told me: "I have a generation of priests that is lost. You can't do anything with them. What do I do, then? I take care of the young ones." And he gave me two criteria: priestly formation in theology it is the Summa of Saint Thomas, and in spirituality, in liturgy, it is the old Mass. I am not telling you their names because we do not want to burn out these prelates, but there are several of them.

I discover some, just like that, by surprise, and there are a certain number of them! And these are young bishops! And some of them were appointed by Pope Francis! He is not just appointing bad ones! He is all mixed up, like his whole attitude, which has also increased the general confusion. But it is extremely interesting to see that there is this movement, and I am certain that it will no longer stop. Why? Because these bishops see where the truth is, and they will not give in. They are annoyed, they are cornered, because they are in the system, but they will no longer give in. Just like these priests who have discovered the old Mass, they will do all that they can, they are annoyed, cornered, but they will keep it. These are skirmishes that have been won.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Sempronius

It would be fantastic to have Cardinal Burke as Pope. Sure, he tries too hard to reconcile Vatican 2 with the true faith but there is potential for many good things to be done. He could surround himself with 3 or 4 real trads that advise him and keep him level headed. And put other trads in influential positions. The latin mass would get more recognition.

The downside as I see it would be more polarisation in the Church. The liberals would overreact and try get at him by making the media attack him all the time.

One parish would have reverent latin mass and the other next block would have acrobats hanging from the ceiling and swirling around the altar.

Lynne

At least he'd be in a position to do something about those schismatic SSPX, though.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Philip G.

The pendulum swing is serious business for those whose time is short.  They might seek to elect a conservative theoretically.  But, they will make sure that such conservative is not at all able to be conservative enough.  For example, I honestly think that there is dirt on Ratzinger.  As a result, he would never be able to do what needed to be done.  They would seek a repeat of that, and that is not desirable.  So, don't drool over such a scenario.  The best type of scenario in my opinion is probably a stalemate concession pick after many failed ballots.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Sempronius

Quote from: Lynne on February 08, 2019, 12:34:12 PM
At least he'd be in a position to do something about those schismatic SSPX, though.

Thats one way to appease the italian masters. He could say: "Guys, don't worry. I'm all smells and bells, I'll come down hard on those schismatics, I promise"

Kaesekopf

Who gives a shit?

Burke is completely useless and he was outgunned by Bergo. 

Burke is no savior, and Catholics need to realize he isn't the solution to our problems. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Sempronius

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 08, 2019, 04:50:48 PM
Who gives a shit?

Burke is no savior, and Catholics need to realize he isn't the solution to our problems.

I've meet him in private for a short time and the strongest memory I have of that meeting was that he really suffers, of how bad things are in the Church.

As long as there is suffering there is hope. Many bishops just want to live content without critical thinking but at least +Burke is still fighting on.

Traditionallyruralmom

Quote from: Sempronius on February 09, 2019, 07:57:37 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 08, 2019, 04:50:48 PM
Who gives a shit?

I've meet him in private for a short time and the strongest memory I have of that meeting was that he really suffers, of how bad things are in the Church.

As long as there is suffering there is hope. Many bishops just want to live content without critical thinking but at least +Burke is still fighting on.

agreed
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.