Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximilian

For Erin, here's a photo of that "Kristin Lavransdatter Tour of Norway"

erin is nice

Quote from: Maximilian on November 25, 2013, 07:34:04 AM

I wonder why they stand behind the horses and get pulled on skis instead of just riding the horse...

erin is nice

Quote from: The Harlequin King on November 21, 2013, 06:43:55 PM
After being fed up with hard disk failure on my gaming rig, I bought a 500GB Samsung solid state drive. It was $30 off at the time I ordered it.

Time will tell if the upgrade was worth it.

You will love the ssd. I've had mine for about a year now and it's great.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: erin is nice on November 25, 2013, 07:39:14 AM
Quote from: Maximilian on November 25, 2013, 07:34:04 AM

I wonder why they stand behind the horses and get pulled on skis instead of just riding the horse...

Probably more fun that way...!
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: erin is nice on November 25, 2013, 07:39:55 AM
After being fed up with hard disk failure on my gaming rig, I bought a 500GB Samsung solid state drive. It was $30 off at the time I ordered it.

Color me impressed that you know and use an SSD!

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

erin is nice

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 25, 2013, 08:47:01 AM
Quote from: erin is nice on November 25, 2013, 07:39:55 AM

Color me impressed that you know and use an SSD!

It's a testament to my obsession with the Sims  :lol:

Kaesekopf

The Harlequin King

I remember that when I played Sims games, they were graphically light but took an obscene amount of time to start up and load. The SSD would be a good antidote, I'm sure.

erin is nice

Quote from: The Harlequin King on November 25, 2013, 08:50:24 AM
I remember that when I played Sims games, they were graphically light but took an obscene amount of time to start up and load. The SSD would be a good antidote, I'm sure.

Yes. Most people I know with the amount of expansions and custom content I have wait ten minutes for the game to start up, and then at least ten minutes more to load a save game. I can get all that done in just a couple minutes. I still have some weird lag sometimes, but that is EAs problem, not mine.

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

piabee

Heinrich

Just got a free phone and tablet from Verizon. There is something to this Black Friday thing I guess.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

Quote from: piabee on November 29, 2013, 11:02:53 AM
Microsoft Surface RT.

Black Friday deal? How much did you pick it up for, if you do not mind me asking?
"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

Archer

Quote from: Heinrich on November 29, 2013, 07:13:15 PM
Just got a free phone and tablet from Verizon. There is something to this Black Friday thing I guess.

How many partially blind arthritic old ladies did you trample to get that deal?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

piabee

Quote from: Irenaeus G. Saintonge on November 29, 2013, 08:49:50 PM
Quote from: piabee on November 29, 2013, 11:02:53 AM
Microsoft Surface RT.

Black Friday deal? How much did you pick it up for, if you do not mind me asking?

$199 online at the Microsoft store through Monday while supplies last.