Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

I've never understood the 2 fingers down thing. "Yeah, let me remove my hand from the only method of control while going 60mph." lol.

Even funnier, now that I don't have an 1100cc road bike but a 200cc dual sport: when passing motorcyclists don't initiate the two finger... cus I'm practically on a bicycle in their mind. Yeah, it's no Hog. It's a donkey, and I can take it everywhere.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

dymphna17

Quote from: Gardener on April 30, 2018, 08:00:12 AM
I've never understood the 2 fingers down thing. "Yeah, let me remove my hand from the only method of control while going 60mph." lol.

Even funnier, now that I don't have an 1100cc road bike but a 200cc dual sport: when passing motorcyclists don't initiate the two finger... cus I'm practically on a bicycle in their mind. Yeah, it's no Hog. It's a donkey, and I can take it everywhere.

That's a pretty broad brush you are painting with Gardener.  I have never once heard anyone dog somebody for not "waving".  My understanding of the 2 fingers down is that it is just an acknowledgement of another biker and saying, "stay safe, keep 2 wheels on the road".  If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then don't do it.  Nobody is going to be miffed one way or the other.  Some bikers nod instead of the "wave" because they don't want to take their hands off the handlebars.  A lot of the time, that's the job of the back passenger anyway, so you don't have to move your hands.  Most people around here will raise 2 fingers as a wave when driving their cars on country roads or in a small town, but you never hear anyone get upset if they don't.  It's really no different with motorcycles.  You go enjoy your donkey and hopefully next week I'll be able to go enjoy my hog.  If we meet on the road I'll give you the two finger "wave" and you can ignore it.  No problem!   :cheeseheadbeer: 8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

drummerboy

A suit of Dutch surplus winter camo to fit over regular winter wear (coat and pants combo).  And an Austrian surplus olive drab field shirt, to complete my hunting camo for every other season.  Regular Carhartt army green pants are a perfect shade of OD for camo purposes (it has that nice smoky, grayish tint to it that alot of modern OD lacks, its too bright of a green.)  Already have a Czech OD parka for spring/fall, OD sweaters and hats and gloves.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

The Curt Jester

I just bought the front bumper assembly, radiator support, and a few other front end items to repair my Honda Civic.  It turns out that the $4500 job the auto body shop quoted me is turning into a $350 self repair.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Gardener

Quote from: The Curt Jester on May 05, 2018, 08:38:19 PM
I just bought the front bumper assembly, radiator support, and a few other front end items to repair my Honda Civic.  It turns out that the $4500 job the auto body shop quoted me is turning into a $350 self repair.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Patriarch

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Patriarch on May 07, 2018, 03:53:48 PM
A porter.

You can't buy a porter, you can hire him for just wages, that's about it
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 07, 2018, 03:57:31 PM
Quote from: Patriarch on May 07, 2018, 03:53:48 PM
A porter.

You can't buy a porter, you can hire him for just wages, that's about it

Unless you're in antebellum Southern U.S.A. :leaving:
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Patriarch

Yes and no. Yes, I bought him. And no, he's chilly.  :)
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy . . . "
— Psalm 50, 3.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

jovan66102

Well, I don't know how 'interesting' it is, but last year I bought a Coleman gas lantern from my sister. My Dear Wife broke the glass globe. A couple of weeks ago we bought a replacement which turned out to be the wrong size, 50/50 chance! There are only two sizes!

Anyway, today we drove to Crete and exchanged it for the right size. Now, I just need to find proper fuel and we're good to go!
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Serviam

A great t-shirt for grilling in the sun during this summer (If the sun ever shows up here in iceland that is)

With fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Prayerful

Some hand missals like one from 1806-11 with an inscription to an Edward Tichbourne from the Marchioness of Buckingham (possibly Hon. Mary Nugent) and another Roman hand missal published in Belfast in 1846.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.