Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Gardener on December 05, 2017, 07:12:52 PM
Very nice! I'd love to have something like that, but with our 2 (and who knows how many more in the future) rambunctious little fellows, it would be a situation that would give iconoclasts glee. Starting to wonder if Dominic is going to be a Marine, he's so adept at causing chaos.

maybe he and my 6 year old can train together  ::)  that kid is tough as nails.  It's very frustrating sometimes, though I know it will serve him well in life, if his conscience is well-formed.  Anyway, you'd be surprised at how kids just get used to their surroundings.  At first, they mess with new stuff, but eventually, the 'newness' wears off, and they go about their business as if the object doesn't exist at all.  It's kind of like how my own house is baby-proofed for my own kids, but no one else's.  And, everyone else's house is seemingly baby-proofed to them,  until an outsider shows up with a different baby than their own.  So, if you really want a statue like that, go for it!  Who knows...those boys might end up thinking of whichever person you get a statue of as one of their greatest friends. 

dymphna17

Wow!  That is a beautiful statue Carleen.  Merry Christmas to you!  If you ever need a safe space for her, we would be happy to take her for as long as you need.  ;)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Bought some Yerba Mate. Holding you to this, St. Columba and Michael. This better make me a new, thin, euphoric, energetic, upbeat kinda girl! Bought 1 pound. Let you know. I am expecting to be a new "young" lady! Counting on it!  ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

roland

Flip up sunglasses...6.95 from WalMart.

How marvelous they are when driving now that the sun is  lower in the horizon...

...life is good, thanks to the Lord.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Gardener on December 04, 2017, 12:18:14 PM
1000 glass marbles to raise the headspace in my carboys (home brewing).
what are you brewing
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Gardener

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 09, 2017, 11:15:57 AM
Quote from: Gardener on December 04, 2017, 12:18:14 PM
1000 glass marbles to raise the headspace in my carboys (home brewing).
what are you brewing

I did a cyser (mead, but instead of water I use apple juice with the honey) and a hard cider. I had to place the cider in a 6.5 gal carboy for secondary and didn't like the amount of headspace. Turns out 1k marbles ain't much. Only raised the headspace by 1.5", so I ended up adding more apple juice. It will likely raise ABV when the yeast eats the sugars (which is beneficial as it will push the oxygen out through the airlock), but I'd rather have more of an apple wine than oxidized junk.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on December 09, 2017, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: Gardener on December 09, 2017, 09:28:08 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on December 09, 2017, 05:57:49 PM
A Mossberg 590

A Glock 43

What do you have for holster(s) for the 43?

Carharrt cargo jeans.

Recommend a holster or at least a kydex pull-off trigger guard. Bad, unintended things happen when people carry as you describe, with no holster/trigger guard in place.

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on December 10, 2017, 07:05:05 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on December 09, 2017, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: Gardener on December 09, 2017, 09:28:08 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on December 09, 2017, 05:57:49 PM
A Mossberg 590

A Glock 43

What do you have for holster(s) for the 43?

Carharrt cargo jeans.

Recommend a holster or at least a kydex pull-off trigger guard. Bad, unintended things happen when people carry as you describe, with no holster/trigger guard in place.

Thanks. I trust your insights. However, to be honest and clear, I have not nor will I get my carry permit. The 43 is for tactical placement in the home. As is the Schockwave.

Gardener

Any particular reason you don't want to get your CCW? It's easy. These days the only time I'm without my 43 is at work, for obvious reasons (thanks Bill Clinton!).

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on December 10, 2017, 04:52:43 PM
Any particular reason you don't want to get your CCW? It's easy. These days the only time I'm without my 43 is at work, for obvious reasons (thanks Bill Clinton!).

I am confident in my H2H, blade, (leather) belt, etc. skills in personal self defense more than with a firearm. Active shooter in public, yeah, I would not be effective. But this being CS, someone 'll have a hero trigger.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Gardener on December 10, 2017, 04:52:43 PM

21 yr. Old just took training for conceal carry.  Now begging dad for an extra pistol dad has. Being a motivated little dude, he will have one very soon. As with anything, if he deems it necessary, he will figure a way to get one and I guarantee it will be a step up from dad's. This kid can do anything he puts his mind to. Earns enough to raise a family. He will be all set when the right one makes her way toward him!  :)  ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.