Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

1000 glass marbles to raise the headspace in my carboys (home brewing).
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Carleendiane

Bought 4 ft statue of Our Lady of Grace. We have a sacred heart statue the same size and have wanted a beautiful statue of our Lady. Finally found one on ebay. It is a beauty.  :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 04, 2017, 12:28:51 PM
Bought 4 ft statue of Our Lady of Grace. We have a sacred heart statue the same size and have wanted a beautiful statue of our Lady. Finally found one on ebay. It is a beauty.  :)

Pics or it didn't happen. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on December 04, 2017, 01:50:21 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 04, 2017, 12:28:51 PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

Trying to get hubby to send me a link. Because, it did happen you stinker!!!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

And here SHE is. It did happen. She is coming to my home Dec. 11!!!!

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/qZoAAOSw-jhULzH7/s-l400.jpg

All four feet of blessedness!!!! Now working on anew appropriate display for Her. Hubby building some thing like a baldaccino for above her. She will be facing the Sacred Heart statue cross the room, opposite corner.  :)

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 05, 2017, 11:41:09 AM

All four feet of blessedness!!!! Now working on anew appropriate display for Her. Hubby building some thing like a baldaccino for above her. She will be facing the Sacred Heart statue cross the room, opposite corner.  :)

She is lovely.  :):):)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Deirdre

So beautiful! I can see why you're so excited! :)
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

I love Her!!!  If it were acceptable to be so, I'd be jealous...but, I'm not.  Nope. Not at all.   :whistling:  Truly happy for you, and for Her, that She has such a wonderful home, surrounded by people who will honor Her presence there

Non Nobis

Just beautiful, Carleen! (I hope you don't mind my inlining Her image!)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Oh, Non, thank you. Don't mind one little bit. I tried to copy picture, but just got the link. So I am glad you did this!

Gardener

Very nice! I'd love to have something like that, but with our 2 (and who knows how many more in the future) rambunctious little fellows, it would be a situation that would give iconoclasts glee. Starting to wonder if Dominic is going to be a Marine, he's so adept at causing chaos.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Carleendiane

We raised our Littles and have our Grand children over and my Jesus, 4ft, has not suffered an injury yet. God willing it will be the same with Mary! A little Marine, huh? I live with a big Marine who can still cause chaos!  ;) God bless your little ones, Gardener!

Carleendiane

Baldacci now finished, just working on building an appropriate stand, which will merely be covered with an end table cloth covering.

Carleendiane

Next month we buy as a similar type statue with Joseph and baby Jesus, from same company. Josephs face is very traditional, but he looks possibly in 40's instead of 60's. It is also very beautiful, maybe better captured than Mary's statue.  :huh: