Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ServusMariae

Quote from: Serviam on November 06, 2017, 05:41:02 AM
It's ok, going through it I see there are no pictures so whats the point. Not going to be reading the Catechism until the Vatican comes up one one with lots of colourful pictures, preferably a pop-up book.

... & probably a book with lights & sounds. & has an interactive app to compliment with it. ;)

Serviam

Smaller than I thought. Still very pleased with it.
With fear and trembling work out your salvation.

Lumen Christi

Quote from: Serviam on November 06, 2017, 05:41:02 AM
It's ok, going through it I see there are no pictures so whats the point. Not going to be reading the Catechism until the Vatican comes up one one with lots of colourful pictures, preferably a pop-up book.
That would be really great for very young children.

Gardener

Quote from: Serviam on November 06, 2017, 08:30:25 AM
Smaller than I thought. Still very pleased with it.

I have a few of those. They were made small so as to be able to be carried by troops in a pocket without being obtrusive. They have a ton of info packed in them. Very nice purchase!
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

The Curt Jester

Quote from: Bernadette on November 03, 2017, 02:38:37 PM
Bought a new snuggly jacket to replace my favorite old, ratty one.  :grin:

Now, the key is to keep wearing the old one so that the new one remains nice.

I drove my wife crazy for awhile because I had some new clothes that I refused to wear until the old ones were worn out.   Saves money.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Deirdre

The old one has been officially demoted to a cat blanket. She loves it. So it's still being used. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Bernadette, how does A Kavita feel about cats? Will your kitty stay with auntie or you????
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Deirdre

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 08, 2017, 08:57:12 PM
Bernadette, how does A Kavita feel about cats? Will your kitty stay with auntie or you????
Cat's coming with me. Akavit's fine with her.
My Lord and my God.

Lumen Christi

I bought my mom a Christmas present (shh...don't tell her!):

Kaesekopf

The Liturgical Year by Dom Gueranger (hardcover, St Bonaventure Press) for $120.

:cheeseheadbeer: :cheeseheadbeer: :cheeseheadbeer:

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Deirdre

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 10, 2017, 10:14:11 AM
The Liturgical Year by Dom Gueranger (hardcover, St Bonaventure Press) for $120.

Meh, it's free on archive.org.
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Quote from: Bernadette on November 10, 2017, 03:49:09 PM

e-Books are no books at all. They have no history or smell, no tactile communication of their wisdom as they hold your heart while being held in your hand, as one might hold the hand of the grandparent who tells stories of their youth. No hope for the future as one might hold the hand of an infant. They are sterile in all things but data. There is no comparison.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

A lot of knowledge is free on archive.org, but in many ways it's more difficult and less convenient on there. 

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Gardener on November 11, 2017, 05:58:03 AM

e-Books are no books at all. They have no history or smell, no tactile communication of their wisdom as they hold your heart while being held in your hand, as one might hold the hand of the grandparent who tells stories of their youth. No hope for the future as one might hold the hand of an infant. They are sterile in all things but data. There is no comparison.

I feel similarly about real candles vs. fake ones.  There's just something about the real deal.