Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Prayerful

Quote from: red solo cup on October 09, 2017, 10:24:57 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on October 09, 2017, 10:15:12 AM

Reminds me of the Selous Scouts.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clIjgSPRSqY[/yt]

Some sort of semi-interesting things, a portable 1846 Roman Missal, neatly designed but little ornament, with a memorial card of one Julie Alice Brignoli Shore, born 1872 Lisbon, died 1922 in Staines, marking the Mass for the dead, and something called My Catholic Comparison: a handbook of daily devotions and a new simplified missal, 1961, which is better than it sounds. Nice leather cover and b/w photo illustrations of how to serve Mass with a Modernist (the architectural style not heresy) altar, a sort of architectural and liturgical conjunction very much of the '50s and '60s, good precis of Catholic doctrine and the usual devotion neatly laid out. The simplified missal has the ordinary with Epistles and Gospels separate, but the propers are replaced with generals meditations. Accompanying it are brashly colourised pictures of an old priest offering Mass assisted by younger priest.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

ServusMariae

For one thing, this will be bound to traumatize guys with gender dysphoria (aka the "transgenders"), yet it will be a crucial message that they need to hear. That being said, I have seen countless men getting so psychologically distressed by (compulsory) army life up to the extreme extent whereby they beg officers to be eternally discharged. They just have to dress as a lady & bam, they are free. (& then the entire LGBT gang celebrates their release.)

ServusMariae

Anyway, I recently bought this.

mikemac

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 15, 2017, 06:46:36 AM

For one thing, this will be bound to traumatize guys with gender dysphoria (aka the "transgenders"), yet it will be a crucial message that they need to hear. That being said, I have seen countless men getting so psychologically distressed by (compulsory) army life up to the extreme extent whereby they beg officers to be eternally discharged. They just have to dress as a lady & bam, they are free. (& then the entire LGBT gang celebrates their release.)

It didn't work for Klinger.

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Carleendiane

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 15, 2017, 07:02:19 AM
Anyway, I recently bought this.

Wait till Per gets a load of that! She is learning to sword fight! My son's had several of those hanging around their room.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

PerEvangelicaDicta

<eyes bugging out>  Carleendiane is right as usual!  ServusMariae, please, details on the sword?!   CD, can you please explain about your sons swords too?  :)

I've begun lessons with a plain ole sabre, but I envision I'll stick with it, since the rules of engagement are a little different (much faster and robust interaction).  What does it say about me as a Catholic that I enjoy both the offensive and the battle?!  lol   
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

ServusMariae

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 15, 2017, 08:39:36 AM
Wait till Per gets a load of that! She is learning to sword fight! My son's had several of those hanging around their room.

oh Carleen, mine's a toy sword. Not a real one :lol: but I still bought it from Toys R Us anyway due the sheer amount of gorgeous details... it even has a cross on the pommel!! pretty Christian-ish ;)

ServusMariae

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on October 15, 2017, 09:05:28 AM
<eyes bugging out>  Carleendiane is right as usual!  ServusMariae, please, details on the sword?!   

You can thank Toys R Us Asia for the sword ;) If I'm not wrong, it's a True Heroes Medieval Sword.

ServusMariae

What does it say about me as a Catholic that I enjoy both the offensive and the battle?!  lol

I did Kendo once upon a time lol ... & in the near future, I'm planning to take Iaido classes. You are not alone, PerEvangelica ;)

Gardener

Bought new copies of "Brother Petroc's Return" and "The Chronicles of Thomas Frith, O.P.", both by S.M.C.

Also bought my wife a cheese making kit (shhhh don't tell her, it's a surprise!)
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 15, 2017, 09:13:19 AM
<eyes bugging out>  Carleendiane is right as usual!  ServusMariae, please, details on the sword?!   

You can thank Toys R Us Asia for the sword ;) If I'm not wrong, it's a True Heroes Medieval Sword.

LOL!!   Here I thought it was a priceless acquisition! 
Thank you SM.
Going to the ToysR Us site now, to get one for a young family member who loves St. Michael.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: Gardener on October 15, 2017, 09:18:54 AM
Bought new copies of "Brother Petroc's Return" and "The Chronicles of Thomas Frith, O.P.", both by S.M.C.

Also bought my wife a cheese making kit (shhhh don't tell her, it's a surprise!)

I hate to impose on your time, but have you read the copies before?  Ranking, in your humble opinion?

Also, brief description of the cheese making kit?  More so, how you selected the one you purchased (i.e., good reviews?)
I make turo b/c it's so darned easy. I'm thinking of branching into other cheeses, but most are difficult by my amateur ability and time limits.  Perhaps the kit will help  :)

Gardener

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on October 15, 2017, 10:00:44 AM
Quote from: Gardener on October 15, 2017, 09:18:54 AM

I hate to impose on your time, but have you read the copies before?  Ranking, in your humble opinion?

Also, brief description of the cheese making kit?  More so, how you selected the one you purchased (i.e., good reviews?)
I make turo b/c it's so darned easy. I'm thinking of branching into other cheeses, but most are difficult by my amateur ability and time limits.  Perhaps the kit will help  :)

I have read both before. I have a vintage copy of Brother Petroc's Return and had previously borrowed a reprinting of The Chronicles...

They're lovely books and in the order of fiction, are grand.

Cheese making kit:
https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Cheese-Making-Kit-Dvd/dp/B00JDS1MH0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1508041208&sr=8-6&keywords=cheese+making+kit

I also bought: https://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Guide-Cheese-Making-Handcrafted/dp/1623157943/ref=pd_sim_79_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1623157943&pd_rd_r=MT3FGE6CXSVJK888Y2F1&pd_rd_w=ahyv8&pd_rd_wg=IbEUV&psc=1&refRID=MT3FGE6CXSVJK888Y2F1

ETA: I chose the kit because it had enough things to work. The other items available in the higher level kit, we can get from the Dollar Tree store or already have I didn't feel like it would be worth an extra $60 for a pot, strainer, and curd ladle.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Prayerful

Warhammer 2 Total War a few days ago & The Westminster Missal: (Missale ad usum Ecclesie Westmonasteriensis). Useful stuff like a Rite of Coronation.  8)
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.