He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Heinrich

Quote from: dymphna17 on September 21, 2017, 08:38:28 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 21, 2017, 08:32:58 PM
200 roaches for my bearded dragon

Eeeeeewwwwww!  Do they have to be alive when you put them in the critter keeper (I don't know if bearded dragons have aquariums or cages for homes)?  Would he eat sprickets?

They are alive. I have a vivarium with Front opening doors. Crickets are OK, but dubia roaches are much better. Stark loves them with blueberries.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Carleendiane

Quote from: The Curt Jester on September 21, 2017, 09:16:01 PM
Exciting, I know.

Ya know Curt. That is extremely exciting for a family that has been limping along with a dysfunctional toilet!
Wait a minute rabbit, that is a toilet assembly isn't it?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Heinrich on September 21, 2017, 09:39:09 PM

Eeeeeewwwwww!  Do they have to be alive when you put them in the critter keeper (I don't know if bearded dragons have aquariums or cages for homes)?  Would he eat sprickets?

They are alive. I have a vivarium with Front opening doors. Crickets are OK, but dubia roaches are much better. Stark loves them with blueberries.

I can't believe someone would pay good, hard-earned cash for.....roaches!   :lol:  Those things don't live to see another day in my presence ;)

Carleendiane

May I borrow Stark? Just for a few days. Crickets like my basement. My dog would not hurt another animal, but he does love baby rabbits sometimes to death.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

PerEvangelicaDicta

I just ordered this for an almost 4 y/o family member, in celebration of St. Michael's feast day next Friday:
http://www.catholicchild.com/KIDSPIRATIONS-T-SHIRT-brSUPER-HERO/productinfo/36001/
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Heinrich

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on September 22, 2017, 07:49:09 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 21, 2017, 09:39:09 PM

I can't believe someone would pay good, hard-earned cash for.....roaches!   :lol:  Those things don't live to see another day in my presence ;)

They are not typical cock roaches. A different species almost. They are not as gnarly as one would think.

http://www.southtexasdragons.com/dubia-roaches.html
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Have you considered getting some younger ones, and then just breeding them so you don't have to keep paying for them?

Or would that be cockroach fraud?  :huh:

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

MundaCorMeum

oh my gosh.....y'all.  Never in a million years did I think I would be part of a conversation where someone was encouraging another person to breed roaches  :ack:  They're all the same....disgusting; I don't care if it is a dubia ;)  Once, when I was 9 months pregnant for my first baby,  I woke up in the middle of the night to a roach skittering across my pregnant belly.  *shudder*    I will say this, though, Heinrich...if those bearded dragon things like to eat roaches, I might want one for my boys' to have as a pet   ;D

Carleendiane

Bought a new front end for my car. Semi sheered off all the cosmetics from the Jeep cherokee.  :(

Heinrich

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 30, 2017, 07:56:27 AM
the Jeep cherokee.

Best snow vehicle. Too bad too unreliable just about everywhere else.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Heinrich on September 30, 2017, 08:34:03 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 30, 2017, 07:56:27 AM
the Jeep cherokee.

Best snow vehicle. Too bad too unreliable just about everywhere else.

Heinrich, don't know much about cars, but the only issues we've had with the Cherokee are ones we created. And they are great in the snow, true.

Deirdre

My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Heinrich