Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Gardener on August 07, 2017, 09:34:42 AM
Just left this review on Amazon:

Item: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BTXSCE..._prd_ttl_sol_6

Title:
I wish they made these in adult sizes.

Review:

After several times of our little pudge-munchkin sinking like a rock in the bathtub, instead of floating gracefully like we once saw on a YouTube video, we decided something had to be done. Enter the Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather. It was an immediate improvement to the baby bathing experience. Gone were the frantic moments of searching under 257 bath toys amidst 1 foot of soapy foam bubbles. He just lays there, smiling -- more importantly, breathing air -- as we gently scrub him with a gentle wash cloth and tears free body wash/shampoo. Forsaking gurgling for giggling, I cannot recommend this product enough.

When I clicked on the link, it comes up saying the page cannot be found.   But's an Amazon announcement so it must have been there at one time.   :shrug:

Liked your review of whatever it is, btw.   :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Gardener

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 07, 2017, 11:39:47 AM
Quote from: Gardener on August 07, 2017, 09:34:42 AM
Just left this review on Amazon:

Item: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BTXSCE..._prd_ttl_sol_6

Title:
I wish they made these in adult sizes.

Review:

After several times of our little pudge-munchkin sinking like a rock in the bathtub, instead of floating gracefully like we once saw on a YouTube video, we decided something had to be done. Enter the Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather. It was an immediate improvement to the baby bathing experience. Gone were the frantic moments of searching under 257 bath toys amidst 1 foot of soapy foam bubbles. He just lays there, smiling -- more importantly, breathing air -- as we gently scrub him with a gentle wash cloth and tears free body wash/shampoo. Forsaking gurgling for giggling, I cannot recommend this product enough.

When I clicked on the link, it comes up saying the page cannot be found.   But's an Amazon announcement so it must have been there at one time.   :shrug:

Liked your review of whatever it is, btw.   :)

Odd. It's this: https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Deluxe-Baby-Bather/dp/B003BTXSCE
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

dymphna17

That one worked.  What a cute little seat that is.  Does it suction cup to the tub or is the base just wide enough it won't capsize?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Deirdre

This guy:

And this little cutie:

Guess where I've been?  ;D

Edit: I don't know how to resize the bottom pic. :(
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on August 12, 2017, 08:31:06 AM
This guy:

And this little cutie:

Guess where I've been?  ;D

Adorable. I'll take the kitty for my granddaughter, Lydia.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

St. Drogo

Bought some pipe tobacco, Haddo's Delight, Dunhill Nightcap, Ten Russians, and Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake in bulk. Sadly, my favorite Presbyterian (heretical, I know) wasn't available.

Maximilian

Quote from: St. Drogo on August 13, 2017, 08:38:35 AM

Sadly, my favorite Presbyterian wasn't available.

You were not among the elect who were predestined to get it.

Carleendiane

Bought a new stove and handmade kitchen counter top. I must be rich to do both at the same time.  ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 13, 2017, 09:41:40 PM
Bought a new stove and handmade kitchen counter top. I must be rich to do both at the same time.  ;)

That's awesome!  What kind of stove did you get?
?

Carleendiane

Frigidaire. Old fashioned coil burners. Don't have gas hook up, which is the type I really wanted. Hate the glass top flat burner type and found this oldie, so went with it. If a burner quits working, I can just buy a new one. Looks like the old fashioned one mom had. I love gas stoves, but had to get electric.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 13, 2017, 10:12:54 PM
Frigidaire. Old fashioned coil burners. Don't have gas hook up, which is the type I really wanted. Hate the glass top flat burner type and found this oldie, so went with it. If a burner quits working, I can just buy a new one. Looks like the old fashioned one mom had. I love gas stoves, but had to get electric.

That is so frustrating when you know what you want but can't get it.  Hubby pulled a fast one when he got our dishwasher.  I had done all the research, looked high and low, then looked high again.  I finally settled on the one I wanted and found it on sale.  Hubby went to get it and came home with a piece of crap because it was cheaper.  It was cheaper for a reason!!  So now we are stuck with a piece of crap that basically just runs as a sterilizer.  He learned the hard way that sometimes you get what you pay for.

I'm glad that you were able to find something electric that you liked.  I love my glass top stove.  And having a 6.2 cu ft oven is awesome!  Now I just need alot of people to cook for.   :lol:  Do you like to cook?
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on August 13, 2017, 10:26:22 PM

That is so frustrating when you know what you want but can't get it.  Hubby pulled a fast one when he got our dishwasher.  I had done all the research, looked high and low, then looked high again.  I finally settled on the one I wanted and found it on sale.  Hubby went to get it and came home with a piece of crap because it was cheaper.  It was cheaper for a reason!!  So now we are stuck with a piece of crap that basically just runs as a sterilizer.  He learned the hard way that sometimes you get what you pay for.

I'm glad that you were able to find something electric that you liked.  I love my glass top stove.  And having a 6.2 cu ft oven is awesome!  Now I just need alot of people to cook for.   :lol:  Do you like to cook?

I love to cook and usually have plenty to cook for. Party house, remember? Wednesday is a big one. Lots of cooking, cleaning and clean up! But, it will be fun. Will have a few seminarians and our parish priest out. Much beer, wine, and mixed drinks. Pork loin on the grill, along with lamb brats and burgers. Salads, desserts, you name it. It will be here. Having the choir, friends and probably a few strangers too.

MundaCorMeum

I so long for a gas range!  Maybe one day, but we aren't set up for it here, either.  I have the electric, glass stove top, and while it's nice for cleaning, it is harder to replace the burner.  I've had one out for years now. 

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 14, 2017, 10:25:03 AM

I so long for a gas range!  Maybe one day, but we aren't set up for it here, either.  I have the electric, glass stove top, and while it's nice for cleaning, it is harder to replace the burner.  I've had one out for years now.

Munda I have, also, had burners out for years. Either the inner or outer rings burn out on me. But then, I put a lot of stress on those burners canning.

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 27, 2017, 11:43:59 PM
I bought a 'traveler's notebook' and some fancy paper book inserts.

Are you going to be doing some traveling?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"