Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on January 08, 2017, 03:19:32 PM
Everyone, meet Theodore (the name on his hangtag):

Look at that face! That fat huggability. I couldn't have put my ebay giftcard balance to a better use. Plus, he was ridiculously cheap, compared to other sellers' prices.

Hello Theodore!  You sweet little thing!  Take good care of my friend Bernadette's hugging needs.   ;) :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

We allow bears in go to bed thread. Just sayin.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Akavit

Four silicone cupcake liners and one Pyrex measuring glass - secondhand of course.

Odd thing is, I mentioned that purchase to a woman and she asked what I was going to do with the cupcake liners.  A few years ago, I went to a flower shop to buy floral tape and the lady that sold it to me asked what I was going to do with it.  Is there something about the way I look that convinces women that I'm not going to bake cupcakes or arrange flowers?  Strange.

In case anyone is interested, I'm using the liners as glue pots.  Also, I have never arranged flowers.

Deirdre

I got a (really great) mechanical pencil for Christmas, and the giver asked me what I was going to do with it!  :lol: He did seem genuinely interested, though, when I told him that I was going to use it to mark the seam lines on my quilt pieces.  :P

Pencil: https://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Mechanical-Drafting-Pencil-PG1017/dp/B0013NHU7Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1484109992&sr=1-2&keywords=pentel+graphgear+1000

It's all metal. And the whole front section retracts when you push the end of the clip down.  :grin:

My Lord and my God.

Deirdre

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 10, 2017, 07:57:07 PM

He's arriving tomorrow. I'll bring him along. :)

My Lord and my God.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Bernadette on July 17, 2015, 06:26:51 AM
Cool! I can't stand the thought of getting rid of my language textbooks (at least, not without replacing them in Kindle format). Who knows, one day I might want to re-learn one of those languages!  :P

I should throw some phrasebooks and such on my Kindle.  That's a good chunk of why I finally bought a Kindle -- it's much lighter than an English-Russian dictionary.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Carleendiane

Bought a camcorder for hub and to make YouTube instructional videos. Going into the studio is just a money pit. Oh yes, you end up with great quality, but not every video needs to be great quality. He bought a canon, mid range price, with more toots and whistles than he'll ever figure out how to use. :)

Bought a big lamby for my dog. He took right to it. Hoping to keep his messiness off bedroom carpet and more on lamby.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 11:28:18 AM
Bought a camcorder for hub and to make YouTube instructional videos. Going into the studio is just a money pit. Oh yes, you end up with great quality, but not every video needs to be great quality. He bought a canon, mid range price, with more toots and whistles than he'll ever figure out how to use. :)

Bought a big lamby for my dog. He took right to it. Hoping to keep his messiness off bedroom carpet and more on lamby.
Too bad it's not a Rammy
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 11, 2017, 11:59:00 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 11:28:18 AM

Too bad it's not a Rammy

You know ches, they would be throwing out a beautiful set of horns if he was made into a rammy. My son wants us to butcher the ram because he wants those horns so bad. Probably to mount on his Ducati!

Deirdre

Quote from: Bernadette on January 10, 2017, 10:49:31 PM

Edit: He's HERE!  ;D :swoon: He's great! Absolutely perfect proportions, and I particularly love the construction of his arms.  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Akavit

Some people have a knack for enjoying the simple pleasures of life.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ogQ0uge06o[/yt]

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2017, 02:28:10 PM

Edit: He's HERE!  ;D :swoon: He's great! Absolutely perfect proportions, and I particularly love the construction of his arms.  :thumbsup:

Bernadette!!!!! Where did you find HIM. I'm sure there are many single women here that would enjoy such a sweet well proportionedo bear. Please bird. Share your info. He sounds perfect. Cuddly too huh? Well, just be careful.

Deirdre

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:13:06 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2017, 02:28:10 PM

Bernadette!!!!! Where did you find HIM. I'm sure there are many single women here that would enjoy such a sweet well proportioned bear. Please bird. Share your info. He sounds perfect. Cuddly too huh? Well, just be careful.

Ebay, of course! ;) He's not as pristine as the picture I posted; that was just a random picture because I felt weird about posting the picture of the item that I actually bought, since it would have been taken from the seller's information for the item. I think he spent a little time in the dryer, because his fur is slightly...crisp, shall we say? But his good points more than make up for that.  :grouphug:
My Lord and my God.

Akavit

There was a nice, large koala bear for sale at the secondhand store I stopped at yesterday.  Didn't buy it.  I guess this ought to be in the "What have you not bought recently" thread.

piabee

Quote from: Akavit on January 10, 2017, 08:09:53 PM
Four silicone cupcake liners

I have a couple sets of these in different sizes. I like being able to serve cupcakes without paper liners. I used two the other night to make some of those Pinterest-y frittata cups, and they turned out great. I only had two eggs left, and it was nice not having to wash a whole pan.