Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prayerful

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 24, 2016, 02:05:01 PM
Quote from: Prayerful on December 24, 2016, 08:22:56 AM
Roman Breviary:

Horae Diurnae Breviarrii Romani, 1892, published 1892 by Ratisbone, New York and Cinncinati, designed and typset by Frederick Pustet, Approbation: Joannes Ponzi Pro RPD Vincentio Nussi

More pix pls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Here you go:

Album

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

dymphna17

Finally got a flag pole and have it set up.  Old Glory is flying in the breeze on top and then comes the 'Triple Threat'.   :patriot:   :pray3:   8)

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Prayerful on December 29, 2016, 07:36:55 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 24, 2016, 02:05:01 PM
Quote from: Prayerful on December 24, 2016, 08:22:56 AM
Roman Breviary:

Horae Diurnae Breviarrii Romani, 1892, published 1892 by Ratisbone, New York and Cinncinati, designed and typset by Frederick Pustet, Approbation: Joannes Ponzi Pro RPD Vincentio Nussi

More pix pls

Here you go:

Album

Work of art.

Also, plus one on slimgur.

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Prayerful

It is a well made book, beautifully done book, but some previous owner appears to have cut all the marker ribbons :o, which means strips of paper or something similar. SLiMG is excellent. I once used Imageshack and still have a large album there, but cannot use it now for new images, unless I register and pay.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 29, 2016, 09:32:22 AM
Finally got a flag pole and have it set up.  Old Glory is flying in the breeze on top and then comes the 'Triple Threat'.   :patriot:   :pray3:   8)

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Deirdre

Duck cloth chore jacket. I wanted a mid-weight jacket, and wanted one that will last a long time. This thing's bulletproof!  :thumbsup: I have every confidence that I'll be able to wear it for at least the next two decades. Carhartt, if anyone's interested.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Deirdre

Quote from: Lynne on December 31, 2016, 02:32:05 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on December 31, 2016, 02:00:39 PM
Carhartt, if anyone's interested.

That's was my first guess.

No pre-washed LL Bean for me! ;) I want to break it in myself.
My Lord and my God.

Akavit

Duck cloth chore jacket. I wanted a mid-weight jacket, and wanted one that will last a long time. This thing's bulletproof!  :thumbsup: I have every confidence that I'll be able to wear it for at least the next two decades. Carhartt, if anyone's interested.

I ought to post a picture of my Carhartt coat.  I think it's 11 years old and I'm still wearing it in my workshop.  Sooner or later random strangers are going to start handing me money whenever I do a quick run to the store after work.

Edit:  Maybe I could sell it for $150 to a fashion-forward teenager and get a new one?  Hmmm.

Deirdre

There you go. It's not used, it's "distressed."  :lol:

My Lord and my God.

Deirdre

Quote from: Akavit on December 31, 2016, 09:58:49 PM

I ought to post a picture of my Carhartt coat.  I think it's 11 years old and I'm still wearing it in my workshop.  Sooner or later random strangers are going to start handing me money whenever I do a quick run to the store after work.

Edit:  Maybe I could sell it for $150 to a fashion-forward teenager and get a new one?  Hmmm.

Forgot to ask: do you have the blanket-lined one? That's the one I got, and the "blanket" material seems uncomfortably stiff, like thin scouring pad. Any chance it's going to soften up, or should I sell it and go for the quilted version? I was prepared for stiff canvas, not so much for stiff lining.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 01, 2017, 06:32:13 PM

Forgot to ask: do you have the blanket-lined one? That's the one I got, and the "blanket" material seems uncomfortably stiff, like thin scouring pad. Any chance it's going to soften up, or should I sell it and go for the quilted version? I was prepared for stiff canvas, not so much for stiff lining.

Well until it softens, wear something under it that doesn't translate the feel of the lining. My hubby and sons have never had a car hart that didn't eventually become quite comfy.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Akavit

I have two coats.  The primary has the quilted, satin liner.  That's my old one that I wear everyday.  The second was a gift from my parents who evidently got tired of seeing me wearing the old one and that is fleece-lined.  It's too nice to trash up in the shop so I only wear it if I'm not working.  Neither one is stiff but the fleece version is the softest.

I also used to own one of their shirt jacs (mine was red).  It was retired after being destroyed by a few years of working in it.  Handling lumber is hard on sleeves.  Unfortunately, I don't remember how stiff that one was.  I think it was pretty broken in but considering the use I gave it, that's not surprising.

Deirdre

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 01, 2017, 06:44:11 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 01, 2017, 06:32:13 PM

Well until it softens, wear something under it that doesn't translate the feel of the lining. My hubby and sons have never had a car hart that didn't eventually become quite comfy.

The reviews that I read described the lining as "soft". Every time I touch it, I cringe. I don't understand it: is it impregnated with some kind of chemicals, like fabric sizing? If it wasn't triple-stitched duckcloth with all of those rivets (which I actually appreciate), I would take the lining out and replace it with one of my choice. But this thing might have to end up on eBay (which is where I got it in the first place). :/
My Lord and my God.

moneil

Carhartt is the best!  I received to pair of Carharrt work pants for Christmas :).