Quote from: Bernadette on December 02, 2016, 01:04:18 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on December 01, 2016, 08:33:05 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on November 29, 2016, 07:51:52 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 29, 2016, 04:55:42 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on November 29, 2016, 03:54:29 PM
It's like a motorcycle!

I just bought a little Steiff bear for my Reddit Secret Santa match.  ;D
Haha for the downstairs  neighbors sake I hope it isn't loud like a motorcycle

Hey!  Loud pipes save lives!  :wag:  That is so awesome Ches!  The name is pretty cool too, but it would have been more fun to have named it 'CORPUS Mach 5'.   :lol:  Do they sell accessories like baskets to put on the back so you can carry the baby, or hooks on it so you can carry the groceries into the house?  If not, I'll bet you could find a fabricator that would have a ball doing it.  Anyway, I'm so happy for you!

Haha not sure about accessories like that I have a lot of gearthat has to be mounted to the back.  I usedtowear my son in one of those wrap sling things or a ergo which I can do for sitting but probably not standing  my legs are supersore from bearing weight for the first time in a long time but should get used to it

Did you get the upright version, or the sitting version?

it goes from sitting to upright when you push a button also power tilt and recline  :cheeseheadbeer:
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 02, 2016, 01:48:39 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on December 02, 2016, 01:04:18 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on December 01, 2016, 08:33:05 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on November 29, 2016, 07:51:52 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 29, 2016, 04:55:42 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on November 29, 2016, 03:54:29 PM
It's like a motorcycle!

I just bought a little Steiff bear for my Reddit Secret Santa match.  ;D
Haha for the downstairs  neighbors sake I hope it isn't loud like a motorcycle

Hey!  Loud pipes save lives!  :wag:  That is so awesome Ches!  The name is pretty cool too, but it would have been more fun to have named it 'CORPUS Mach 5'.   :lol:  Do they sell accessories like baskets to put on the back so you can carry the baby, or hooks on it so you can carry the groceries into the house?  If not, I'll bet you could find a fabricator that would have a ball doing it.  Anyway, I'm so happy for you!

Haha not sure about accessories like that I have a lot of gearthat has to be mounted to the back.  I usedtowear my son in one of those wrap sling things or a ergo which I can do for sitting but probably not standing  my legs are supersore from bearing weight for the first time in a long time but should get used to it

Did you get the upright version, or the sitting version?

it goes from sitting to upright when you push a button also power tilt and recline  :cheeseheadbeer:

Sweet!  You are livin' large now, aren't you.  That is so wonderful!  I'm really happy for you.  You deserve all the good things happening to you.  Good things, for a change.  Is it hard to control?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Prayerful

Quote from: Prayerful on December 01, 2016, 12:26:20 PM
I got a fine little book. Franciscan Faith: Sacred Art in Ireland, AD 1600-1750, ed. Raghnall Ó Floinn. It's a booking covering an exhibition of the Francisan collection of religious silver. They included monstrances, chalices, crucifixes, candlesticks, incense boats and thuribles. Some have a demotic look to them. It show how in spite of persecution the Church and the faithful, despite having limited money, tried to craft or buy the best sacred vessels.

And it was at least selling for cheap in the National Museum, as it's from 2011, well 10 Euro isn't super cheap. I notice some jokers on Amazon are asking for a big pile of money loadsamoney on Amazon, but a bit of looking should yield one at the 10 Euro Museum price.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Carleendiane

Just rented a 2016 Sonata. Never drove a car with such amazing pick up. Not too many toots and whistles. But it does have a screen to show your clearance while backing up. Our wrecked Chrysler 300 is like a dog, compared to this Sonata.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 03, 2016, 08:33:26 AM
Just rented a 2016 Sonata. Never drove a car with such amazing pick up. Not too many toots and whistles. But it does have a screen to show your clearance while backing up. Our wrecked Chrysler 300 is like a dog, compared to this Sonata.

My daughter has a Sonata and loves it.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Used 2014 jeep cherokee. With warranty. We'll see how "interesting" it is.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Kaesekopf

Recently picked up the "Dominican Sisters' Office Book", printed in 1942...   :D

You can find the PDF copy here at Archive.org, but PDF copies are no fun!  :lol:

Bit by bit, my library is turning Dominican!...  :lol:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 07, 2016, 03:03:11 AM
Recently picked up the "Dominican Sisters' Office Book", printed in 1942...   :D

You can find the PDF copy here at Archive.org, but PDF copies are no fun!  :lol:

That looks wonderful (the version from archive.org)!  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Lynne on December 07, 2016, 04:33:59 AM

Even better in print!  ;)

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 07, 2016, 10:11:02 AM
Quote from: Lynne on December 07, 2016, 04:33:59 AM

Even better in print!  ;)

But $$$ ?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Lynne on December 07, 2016, 10:24:59 AM
But $$$ ?

I'm willing to part with $$ sometimes.  :lol:  Mostly for food, beer, housing, and Catholic books! 

Fleur-de-Lys

I bought new cat trees for our spoiled cats.

Chestertonian

Der Kopf do you ever think about a dominican vocation
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 07, 2016, 10:51:15 AM
Der Kopf do you ever think about a dominican vocation

It's crossed my mind.  ;)

Lynne