Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

piabee

Clothes for Mexico.
Trip is in November. ;D

misericonfit

"Heroes in the wind - from Kull to Conan", a collection of stories by Robert E. Howard. 540 pages of non-feminism. Fantastic in every sense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_in_the_Wind
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: misericonfit on March 02, 2016, 09:39:28 PM
"Heroes in the wind - from Kull to Conan", a collection of stories by Robert E. Howard. 540 pages of non-feminism. Fantastic in every sense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_in_the_Wind

I think I know my next book purchase now too... This looks great!

dymphna17

I replaced 4 of my glasses (drinking) that have been broken in the last 3 months.  They are special because they match my dinnerware set.  Balance has been restored.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Deirdre

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 06, 2016, 10:29:40 AM
I replaced 4 of my glasses (drinking) that have been broken in the last 3 months.  They are special because they match my dinnerware set.  Balance has been restored.   8)

That must be so satisfying. :)  :beer:
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 06, 2016, 10:29:40 AM

Rowdy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Deirdre

2 yards, but it was the end of the bolt, so I got an extra 1/2 yard.  ;D It's for a wholecloth quilt that I'm going to make (hopefully) later this summer. But I'm going to trim off a strip from the end to make a housewife:

I like a lot of pockets, and haven't found one with as many as I'd like, so I'll make my own.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on March 18, 2016, 05:44:29 PM

2 yards, but it was the end of the bolt, so I got an extra 1/2 yard.  ;D It's for a wholecloth quilt that I'm going to make (hopefully) later this summer. But I'm going to trim off a strip from the end to make a housewife:

I like a lot of pockets, and haven't found one with as many as I'd like, so I'll make my own.

A hussif! I need to make one too and the fabric is lovely.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Some delicious Sconnie beer. 

So excited for it.

#OnWisconsin

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

piabee

A birthday cake.

It's only interesting because my sister ALSO bought a birthday cake.

My mom had surgery this week and the house is discombobulated.

Anyone in CA want cake?

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on March 20, 2016, 10:56:11 PM
A birthday cake.

It's only interesting because my sister ALSO bought a birthday cake.

My mom had surgery this week and the house is discombobulated.

Anyone in CA want cake?

Not in California, but I do want cake.

Hope your mom is doing well.