Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

piabee

Quote from: Bernadette on January 19, 2016, 02:35:50 PM
The screw allows you to set the length of the cut, to make sure that all of the buttonholes are the same length.

If there's a screw connecting the blades, how can you cut at all? Do you have a video?

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Deirdre

Quote from: piabee on January 19, 2016, 10:38:17 PM
The screw allows you to set the length of the cut, to make sure that all of the buttonholes are the same length.

If there's a screw connecting the blades, how can you cut at all? Do you have a video?

I can't find a video. I'll let you know after they arrive and I've used them.
My Lord and my God.

Deirdre

Bought some beeswax (ebay). I'm hoping that it really will make my thread stop tangling.  8)
My Lord and my God.

Deirdre

Quote from: Bernadette on January 20, 2016, 05:24:27 PM
Quote from: piabee on January 19, 2016, 10:38:17 PM

I can't find a video. I'll let you know after they arrive and I've used them.

They're here. The screw doesn't connect the blades. You cut with the "back" of the scissors, right in front of the notch. The more you tighten the screw, the more of the screw sticks out between the scissor handles and the sooner it makes the blades meet in front of the notch, resulting in a shorter cut. Shorten the screw, and it allows more of the blades' surfaces to meet, resulting in a longer cut.
My Lord and my God.

Deirdre

Quote from: Bernadette on January 21, 2016, 01:01:42 AM
Bought some beeswax (ebay). I'm hoping that it really will make my thread stop tangling.  8)

This stuff is the bees' knees! It really does work!
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Anthology of Kafka's short stories in German and English.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

tradne4163

Bought an Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet, plus some extras. Really excited to get my gaming on.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Southern Ascetic

Lee Classic Turret Ammo press:

Aeroshell 33 Barrel Nut Grease

500 Rounds of reloaded 9mm

Aluminum checkered grips for my CZ SP-01

Deirdre

A kakebuton (Japanese-style comforter, very thick). I was going to make one but I scored one for about a third of the cost of supplies via ebay.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

LoneWolfRadTrad

ANOTHER one of those micro SD cards for my phone.  The last one just stopped working.  Even when I put it into an adapter for my laptop, it read as though there was nothing there.

Deirdre

A plush Grumpy Cat for a friend who hates cats, but likes gag gifts. It was hilarious!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.