Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deirdre

Bought with my Christmas gift certificate, for my collection.  ;D Hopefully this one will actually show up! Sorry about the size, but I can't figure out how to fix it. :(
My Lord and my God.

Jman123

I bought the Angelus Press conference on family audio

piabee

A Fillmore poster from a concert I went to in 2008. They had run out by the time I made it to the door because most of the audience didn't realize there was a second encore. Yay eBay!

MundaCorMeum

A Molskine notebook, some Stabilo point pens, and a masking sticker set. I just discovered the bullet journal method of organzing and planning my day-to-day stuff, so I'm going to give that a whirl this year.

Deirdre

China head did show up, and is fantastic! So beautiful! I'll be testing historically accurate patterns this weekend.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Went pawnshopping and found a NIB kitchenaid mixer for $150.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

Nice. 

I picked up a holy week office book for the dominican rite and a holy name society manual on ebay.  Excited for the mail this week...  :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

dymphna17

Hubby got me a new laptop for my b-day!!!!  Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Kaesekopf

Nice!

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

dymphna17

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 11, 2016, 07:38:04 PM
Nice!

Now I can debate Gerard again without my computer shutting down and losing everything after working on a 2 hour answer, should I feel so inclined.  Yeah, I said it!   :lol:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

misericonfit

The other day, got the Oxford Handbook of Late Antiquity. It covers the period from c.300 to c.600 - basically, Constantine the Great to the rise of Islam inclusive, and its geographical range includes the area from the Roman Empire to China, and in between. It is c.1200 pages long, includes 36 essays in four main sections on all sorts of topics, is a paperback, and cost a penny under £29. I think that is roughly 40 USD. For that range and detail of information, it's worth every penny. And unlike some books on that approximate period, it's a good read. If I have a gripe at all, it is that I wish more had been said about the Germanic peoples. But one cannot write at length about everything. *Strongly* recommended to anyone with an interest in the period. It would also make an excellent door-stopper.
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Deirdre

Buttonhole scissors, for $.99. Handmade eyelets, check. On to handmade buttonholes.
My Lord and my God.

piabee

Quote from: Bernadette on January 19, 2016, 12:00:23 PM
Buttonhole scissors, for $.99. Handmade eyelets, check. On to handmade buttonholes.

What are buttonhole scissors?

Deirdre

Quote from: piabee on January 19, 2016, 02:18:57 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 19, 2016, 12:00:23 PM

What are buttonhole scissors?

The screw allows you to set the length of the cut, to make sure that all of the buttonholes are the same length.
My Lord and my God.