Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deirdre

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on October 24, 2015, 10:13:09 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on October 24, 2015, 09:37:30 AM
Even MORE books! 😎 The sale was extended, and I found some books from my wishlist that I'd overlooked.

You sound like me, Bernadette. I think if I won the lottery my first purchase would be a couple thousand books that I want. Then booze and all the rest...but books first

Lol. That's about right. Only no booze for me.  I'd pay to have all of my books scanned and converted to ebooks. And buy a couple more kindles to hold them all. Not to mention quilt fabric and faux fur.
My Lord and my God.

piabee

Getting a new phone is not as exciting as it used to be.

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

LausTibiChriste

I bought a Russian nesting doll (matryoshka) that was painted in the livery of my brother's favourite hockey team. I'm not good with presents, but that seemed too cool to pass up. It looks like this (without the random battery on the left):

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Deirdre

Man, they paint those things to look like everything these days, don't they?
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bernadette on November 12, 2015, 05:39:36 PM
Man, they paint those things to look like everything these days, don't they?

Yeah. The shop I bought it in had teams of every league imaginable. It even had a Putin doll with his face on every doll but different expressions. I bought two...Dellery and Aquila are gonna have some cool Christmas presents hahaha  :P ;D 8)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

piabee

500 Christmas lights at $2 a string. Target had a coupon, which reminded me that the family tree last year had only a string and a half of working lights. I should have been a Boy Scout.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: piabee on November 13, 2015, 12:39:47 PM
500 Christmas lights at $2 a string. Target had a coupon, which reminded me that the family tree last year had only a string and a half of working lights. I should have been a Boy Scout.
You could always be a Girl Scout.... :) :)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

piabee

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: piabee on November 13, 2015, 04:03:00 PM
Quote from: maryslittlegarden on November 13, 2015, 01:12:05 PM
You could always be a Girl Scout.... :) :)

Do they have the same motto?

Not sure.  I was a Camp Fire Girl.

If they don't, they should.

piabee

A car.

I would have said Tapatalk, but apparently it's free? Has it always been?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on November 23, 2015, 06:07:43 PM
A car.

I would have said Tapatalk, but apparently it's free? Has it always been?

Used to be a pro version, I thought.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

piabee

Is this actually for kids or is it for a diorama?

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."