Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

Quote from: Irenaeus G. Saintonge on October 19, 2015, 10:59:05 PM

dude. seriously look at that for a couple minutes and ask yourself if it's not Anthony Robbins in disguise... whoa.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

jovan66102

Quote from: Irenaeus G. Saintonge on October 19, 2015, 10:44:54 PM
Jovan, are you Albertan?

As my sigline says, I'm a Kansan by birth and an Albertan by choice. Unfortunately I'm in temporary exile in Iowa, caring for a handicapped friend of mine. I can hardly wait to get back to God's Country a/k/a Alberta!
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Arun

i'm going to be honest with everyone here and point out that i had no idea the "are you one Herbert" "i am not Herbert" came from Star Trek. i heard it on a White Zombie cd. good album. good song. brb, Youtubing memories real quick....

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

jovan66102

Jovan, are you Albertan?

I see you're from Cowtown! SSPX or FSSP? I have friends in both Parishes, tho' for the life of me, I can't remember my FSSP buddy's name, just his forum handle.

I lived in Edmondchuk!
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

Quote from: jovan66102 on October 19, 2015, 11:19:46 PM
Jovan, are you Albertan?

As my sigline says, I'm a Kansan by birth and an Albertan by choice. Unfortunately I'm in temporary exile in Iowa, caring for a handicapped friend of mine. I can hardly wait to get back to God's Country a/k/a Alberta!
Interesting. I wonder if we have met... :)
"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on October 19, 2015, 11:21:15 PM
i'm going to be honest with everyone here and point out that i had no idea the "are you one Herbert" "i am not Herbert" came from Star Trek. i heard it on a White Zombie cd. good album. good song. brb, Youtubing memories real quick....

Waiting...   ;D
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 19, 2015, 11:32:01 PM

Waiting...   ;D

I fyou insist...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPochpYGdY[/yt]

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

dymphna17

Quote from: Arun on October 20, 2015, 12:33:04 AM

Waiting...   ;D

I fyou insist...

That video reminded me of two things.  One, we used to have Friday Fright Night with my Dad when he was home.  Certain tv stations used to play old black & white movies at first so the little ones wouldn't get too scared, then around 10:00 they started breaking out the scary stuff.  Now you have all kinds of channels for that at any time you want.  Don't need Dad to hide behind for the scarier stuff.  That's kind of sad.  Think I'll have a bag of popcorn in honor of Scary Monster Hero Dad!!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 20, 2015, 03:13:16 AM
Quote from: Arun on October 20, 2015, 12:33:04 AM

Waiting...   ;D

I fyou insist...

That video reminded me of two things.  One, we used to have Friday Fright Night with my Dad when he was home.  Certain tv stations used to play old black & white movies at first so the little ones wouldn't get too scared, then around 10:00 they started breaking out the scary stuff.  Now you have all kinds of channels for that at any time you want.  Don't need Dad to hide behind for the scarier stuff.  That's kind of sad.  Think I'll have a bag of popcorn in honor of Scary Monster Hero Dad!!

yeah White Zombie (and to a lesser extent the earlier part of Rob Zombie's solo career) had a huge influence from the old B-movie horror scene.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Deirdre

Books! Lotta books! 😁 Betterworldbooks is having a 40% off sale. I got $60 worth of books (including all three volumes of Spirituality of the Old Testament which I've wanted ever since I found out about its existence) for $15. That looks like 75% off to me, but I won't argue! I also picked up most of St. Teresa of Avila's works and The Complete Strand Illustrated Sherlock Holmes (over 1,100 pages!!) for a good friend. Win, win!
My Lord and my God.

Arun

Quote from: Bernadette on October 20, 2015, 05:38:08 PM
Books! Lotta books! 😁 Betterworldbooks is having a 40% off sale. I got $60 worth of books (including all three volumes of Spirituality of the Old Testament which I've wanted ever since I found out about its existence) for $15. That looks like 75% off to me, but I won't argue! I also picked up most of St. Teresa of Avila's works and The Complete Strand Illustrated Sherlock Holmes (over 1,100 pages!!) for a good friend. Win, win!

i had all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's OG Holmes novels when i was a lad. used to really like a hero who was a genius and knew how to party. lmfao...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Deirdre

Quote from: Arun on October 20, 2015, 05:43:55 PM

i had all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's OG Holmes novels when i was a lad. used to really like a hero who was a genius and knew how to party. lmfao...

These books actually make me more interested in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, himself. The man had to have had a heck of a mind to think up things like that...
My Lord and my God.

Arun

Quote from: Bernadette on October 20, 2015, 05:46:36 PM
Quote from: Arun on October 20, 2015, 05:43:55 PM

These books actually make me more interested in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, himself. The man had to have had a heck of a mind to think up things like that...

Doyle knew how to party, himself, or so they say ;)

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Deirdre

Even MORE books! 😎 The sale was extended, and I found some books from my wishlist that I'd overlooked.
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bernadette on October 24, 2015, 09:37:30 AM
Even MORE books! 😎 The sale was extended, and I found some books from my wishlist that I'd overlooked.

You sound like me, Bernadette. I think if I won the lottery my first purchase would be a couple thousand books that I want. Then booze and all the rest...but books first
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie