Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jovan66102

A black turtle neck and a black beret. I'm going to two Halloween parties and I've decided to go as a beatnik. I already have the goatee, so it was a natural! :lol:
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Deirdre

Kindle Fire! The $49.99 one. AND a 32GB microsd card that was on super-sale. 😄 So excited! Can't wait to put all of my PDFs onto it! 😀 I'm actually posting on it right now.
My Lord and my God.

Arun

the 6-disc Rocky Collection box set Ultimate Edition for $NZ13.50, which works out to about 9 bucks US according to xe.com - the box set is brand new, too. Dude was selling it and noticed a small crack in the Rocky IV disc due to it not sitting in the case properly whenit was shipped out or something. even if that one disc is buggered i can get a brand new copy of Rocky IV for 5 bucks and i still got all 5 other films for $13.50, that's a win.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

jovan66102

Black jeans, a black turtleneck, a black beret, and a bongo drum. Why? Because my Halloween costume is a beatnik! I figured, I already have the beard, let's go for it!

"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux

Arun

Quote from: jovan66102 on October 19, 2015, 08:24:29 PM
Black jeans, a black turtleneck, a black beret, and a bongo drum. Why? Because my Halloween costume is a beatnik! I figured, I already have the beard, let's go for it!

black jeans rock. when i worked at the tyre shop i could wear my black jeans after work and you couldn't even tell hahahaha.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

jovan66102

Quote from: Arun on October 19, 2015, 09:41:55 PM

black jeans rock. when i worked at the tyre shop i could wear my black jeans after work and you couldn't even tell hahahaha.

They'll get worn after Halloween,eh? :lol:

Arun

Quote from: jovan66102 on October 19, 2015, 09:43:04 PM
Quote from: Arun on October 19, 2015, 09:41:55 PM

They'll get worn after Halloween,eh? :lol:

i wear the blue ones sometimes too, mainly cos the missus buys them. but i've always worn black jeans as long as i can remember. it's just what i do. besides, black clothing is formal isn't it? so if you wear black jeans your pretty much dressed to the nines lol. add a black singlet and that's pretty much a Wanganui tuxedo right thurr, brah.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

jovan66102

Quote from: Arun on October 19, 2015, 09:45:25 PM
(I)f you wear black jeans your pretty much dressed to the nines lol. add a black singlet and that's pretty much a Wanganui tuxedo right thurr, brah.

Well, in Alberta, blue jeans, a plaid flannel shirt, and a blue jean jacket is a Canadian tuxedo!

Arun

oh actually i managed another pretty sweet buy today. in a previous sweet, sweet, buy my missus managed to score us a year 2000 MPV with real low km's for $NZ1000 (which most people on here would earn more than that in a week's wages i'm pretty sure) and it's pretty sweet; did i mention that it was a sweet deal? lol.

anyways, because it's got 5 spoke 16" rims and it needed new tyres, well 16s are a PIA to find tyres for unless you buy brand new and we don't have that kind of a budget. the specific size was a PIA - 215/55/r16's there were a bunch of 205s around and blah blah but not what i needed. anyway, then i hustled a deal off of one of the wrecking yards, they had been trying to sell rims with tyres but they'd sat for awhile and got dusty. tyres were, you guessed it, 215/55/r16s (2 are directionals but you can still fit two directionals and two non-directionals) so they made me a deal for the tyres only as they can still sell the rims separately (they were nice rims... better than my ones.. but anyway) and the tyre shop i used to work at sorted me a sweet deal (have i mentioned sweet deals before) to strip the old ones and fit and balance the new ones. i just gotta help lol. 5 min job to strip and fit 4 tyres and balance them. no sweat.

total cost $NZ250 for 4 tyres with meaty tread, fitted and balanced. not bad, not bad.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Arun

Quote from: jovan66102 on October 19, 2015, 10:05:38 PM
Quote from: Arun on October 19, 2015, 09:45:25 PM
(I)f you wear black jeans your pretty much dressed to the nines lol. add a black singlet and that's pretty much a Wanganui tuxedo right thurr, brah.

Well, in Alberta, blue jeans, a plaid flannel shirt, and a blue jean jacket is a Canadian tuxedo!

i don't think i've ever seen somebody wear a denim jacket with jeans, apart from some older bike club dudes who had their colors on sleeveless denim jackets rather than leather.

i got me some flannel shirts though. how do they feel about hand and neck tattoos in general in Alberta? maybe i come over there, drink a bunch and fight a bear or something. before i sneak up to Alaska and take advantage of US border policy for illegal immigrants from southern countries...

#waddyameanitdontworklikethat

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

jovan66102

Quote from: Arun on October 10, 2015, 03:58:24 PM
Quote from: jovan66102 on October 08, 2015, 06:10:30 PM
I recently bought 6 tins of Heinz Beanz from England on Amazon. Delicious on top of scrambled eggs on toast!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Baked_Beans

dude, that's a gourmet kiwi breakfast right there. make sure the toast is Burgen roggenbrot, add some vienna sausages and we're rock and rolling; at least that's how i do it.

Just saw this. I can't stand vienna sausage. A couple of bangers goes well with it, tho'!

Arun

Quote from: jovan66102 on October 19, 2015, 10:24:25 PM
Quote from: Arun on October 10, 2015, 03:58:24 PM
Quote from: jovan66102 on October 08, 2015, 06:10:30 PM
I recently bought 6 tins of Heinz Beanz from England on Amazon. Delicious on to of scrambled eggs on toast!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Baked_Beans

dude, that's a gourmet kiwi breakfast right there. make sure the toast is Burgen roggenbrot, add some vienna sausages and we're rock and rolling; at least that's how i do it.

Just saw this. I can't stand vienna sausage. A couple of bangers goes well with it, tho'!

yeah that's a regular Kiwi brekkie lol. or Huttons Sizzlers. lol, i'm not even sure if those can be considered "meat products" tbh...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????