Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deirdre

My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Denziger Sources of Catholic Dogma.  1955 edition.  $1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Heinrich

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 09, 2014, 12:38:04 PM

Kindle?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Heinrich on August 09, 2014, 01:08:41 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 09, 2014, 12:38:04 PM

Kindle?
Hardcover with dust jacket.

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

drummerboy

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Habitual_Ritual

New Trail Cam and I am trying lighted nocks on my hunting arrows this year.

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Gardener

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on August 09, 2014, 05:04:43 PM

Stupidly, those lighted nocks are illegal to use for hunting in Colorado. I so wish they were legal.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

verenaerin

Quote from: Gardener on August 09, 2014, 07:21:10 PM
Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on August 09, 2014, 05:04:43 PM

Stupidly, those lighted nocks are illegal to use for hunting in Colorado. I so wish they were legal.

Why are they important? Why are they illegal?

Gardener

Quote from: verenaerin on August 09, 2014, 08:27:59 PM

In lower light, such as in denser tree cover or early morning/later evening, they allow you to see where the arrow penetrated the animal (which aids in tracking knowledge) and allow you to more easily recover your arrow in the event of a pass-through (not staying stuck in the animal).

They're illegal because CO lawmakers are a bunch of idiots who somehow think it's not "sporting" for archers to have electronic aids, never mind the fact that the nock doesn't enhance the shot and its benefits are all post-shot.

Here's a non-hunting demonstration: http://youtu.be/R6uoc62ScgA?t=1m28s
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Basilios

Vox AC4C1 tube amp. I think I got the Cream White version though.

Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: Gardener on August 09, 2014, 07:21:10 PM

What, CO land management wants you to lose your arrows? Maybe they have a back room deal with the arrow manufactures. ?? Makes no sense. They offer no advantage to the hunter apart from arrow retrieval.
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

verenaerin

Quote from: Gardener on August 09, 2014, 08:37:47 PM
Quote from: verenaerin on August 09, 2014, 08:27:59 PM

In lower light, such as in denser tree cover or early morning/later evening, they allow you to see where the arrow penetrated the animal (which aids in tracking knowledge) and allow you to more easily recover your arrow in the event of a pass-through (not staying stuck in the animal).

They're illegal because CO lawmakers are a bunch of idiots who somehow think it's not "sporting" for archers to have electronic aids, never mind the fact that the nock doesn't enhance the shot and its benefits are all post-shot.

Here's a non-hunting demonstration: http://youtu.be/R6uoc62ScgA?t=1m28s

Cool, thanks.

J. Austin

There is no paper worthy of my new fountain pen:  ;D

Pictured with a couple of my old ballpoints, which I can't bear to write with anymore.

Deirdre

Oooh. Cross? Sheaffer? Mont Blanc?? My first was a Cross, when I was 12, but my favorite now is a Conklin, which I'd never heard of until I received mine as a gift. I like a broad nib, without the width of an actual calligraphy pen.
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

That is a good picture and a nice pen. Your handwriting is similar to mine.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.