Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Congratulating on the baby not baby to be
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

ChristConquers

Bought a guy a Juventus hat on reddit soccer exchange. I received a Lazio t-shirt in the mail from a different secret santa. Pretty cool.

Also, if you're into sports and don't feel like paying the 200 dollars for jerseys/kits. I found this really awesome place via my fav hockey teams subreddit. A guy got a hockey jersey for 30 bucks, granted it's way lower quality but for the very frugal guys like myself, 30 bucks, you can't beat it.

www.aliexpress.com
Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.

Life is a workshop of hierarchies. Only death is democratic.

Whoever says that he "belongs to his time" is only saying that he agrees with the largest number of fools at that moment.

- Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Chestertonian

I keep misreading this thread as "burnt anything interesting lately?"
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Gardener

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 01, 2014, 09:33:24 PM
I keep misreading this thread as "burnt anything interesting lately?"

Today the dumpster where I live... errr, outside the apt complex where I live, caught on fire. I had nothing to do with it.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Chestertonian

maryslittlegarden

The Sound of Jacqueline Dupre on Itunes.  Very nice.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Archer

A signed copy of The Great Facade by Christopher Ferrara and Tom Woods at Half Priced books for $14.99!

Also made off with some other good classics and children's books.  We can't go into a bookstore without coming out with something, lol. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

moneil

The Logos Verbum Basic digital library

QuoteStudy the Faith. Verbum Basic Plus comes with the tools and resources you need to explore the doctrines of the Church. From the Church Fathers to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, it includes 210 books that surround the Bible with the Tradition—a library worth nearly $3,000.

I wrote a review of it here http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=6895.0

drummerboy

Went to the new Cabelas in Green Bay today.  ha! what ammo shortage!?  It was like heaven there.  Picked up some ammo for my Mosin-nagant, some fmj target ammo (only $12 a box) and 180 grain soft points (for the deer come fall - can't wait to take my rifle hunting finally!).
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Deirdre

Volumes 4 and 5 of Warren Carroll's History of Christendom series (Protestant Reformation and French Revolution, respectively). 'Bye, Amazon gift card!  :-\ On the bright side, 1600 pages for $35!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

Quote from: Bernadette on May 03, 2014, 06:51:07 PM
Volumes 4 and 5 of Warren Carroll's History of Christendom series (Protestant Reformation and French Revolution, respectively). 'Bye, Amazon gift card!  :-\ On the bright side, 1600 pages for $35!  ;D

Love that series.  I still have to finish vol. 1 though :(
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: drummerboy on May 03, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

Me, too and that's exactly where I'm at, still on volume one.   :)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Deirdre

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on May 04, 2014, 10:56:50 AM
Quote from: drummerboy on May 03, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

Me, too and that's exactly where I'm at, still on volume one.   :)

I'm just starting in the middle, with the volumes that interest me the most. If they're all that I'm hoping they will be, I'll eventually work my way backward.  :P I can't say that I have much interest in the last volume, though.
My Lord and my God.

orate

Bought me one of these nifty little Kimber Solos in the hopes of getting a concealed carry license here in Illinois.  It is more for the principal of the thing, since Illinois has so many restrictions that one could realistically only carry in ones car or walking down the street.  But I figure a little old lady with a cane looks like an easy target to the nuts.  So this feisty 60 year old will surprise 'im if he tries to hurt me! :lol: :grin:

Also replenished our .22 .45 and 9MM ammo for DH's and my pistols by shopping online and getting very good prices.  But I bought enough to spend quite a bit.  All of those are hard to find or quite expensive around here.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

The Curt Jester

Quote from: orate on May 04, 2014, 12:19:29 PM

Bought me one of these nifty little Kimber Solos in the hopes of getting a concealed carry license here in Illinois.  It is more for the principal of the thing, since Illinois has so many restrictions that one could realistically only carry in ones car or walking down the street.  But I figure a little old lady with a cane looks like an easy target to the nuts.  So this feisty 60 year old will surprise 'im if he tries to hurt me! :lol: :grin:

Also replenished our .22 .45 and 9MM ammo for DH's and my pistols by shopping online and getting very good prices.  But I bought enough to spend quite a bit.  All of those are hard to find or quite expensive around here.

Good luck taking it anywhere.  Just about every business I walk into seems to have one of those "No Guns Allowed" signs posted.  Okay, so maybe that's an exaggeration, but I do tend to notice those places more than the ones that don't.  Oh, and I think they are forbidden at local parks, too.   That means you can carry it with you from your house to your car.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"