Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Decide on backup irons and an optic yet? You thinking red-dot or magnified?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Primary Arms is running some sales... was going to email this to you, but:

https://www.primaryarms.com/magpul-mbus-gen-2-flip-up-front-sight-stealth-gray-mag247-gry

https://www.primaryarms.com/magpul-mbus-gen-2-flip-up-rear-sight-stealth-gray-mag248-gry

If you are going to do BUIS, the magpuls are good.

Not sure on your budget for red dot.

I'm now more free for range trips and such, so let's plan on that once you are up and running with the sights/optic.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Can't I just use my set from the M&P upper?
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on November 17, 2018, 09:24:43 PM

Yeah, but then that will be naked :)

You keeping the M&P upper?

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on November 17, 2018, 10:45:26 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 17, 2018, 09:24:43 PM

Yeah, but then that will be naked :)

You keeping the M&P upper?

I could melt the barrel down and smithy a knife. The forearm is pretty useless otherwise.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I bought a new fish. He has a black stripe down his back so we named him "Skidmark".

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Prayerful

Quote from: Heinrich on November 18, 2018, 04:23:58 PM
Quote from: Prayerful on November 18, 2018, 04:04:38 PM
Fallout 76.

Is that a type of whiskey?

;D

Bethesda's online version of the Fallout series, using the Fallout III-IV game engine. These things have a slight commonality with spirits in respect of addictiveness, although Fortnite is more the game addict thing, a chef fiancé of my youngest sister plays that fairly obsessively in his scarce free time.

Reminding me my glass is empty.

Perhaps interesting might be a Missale Romano-Seraphicum of 1930, which despite its title is not a Missal of a Franciscan Rite or use, in fact the opposite. The existence of the Missale Romanum as something used everywhere owes a lot to St Francis deliberately adopted the Missale as  in Rome, not some local troped or farced (the Medieval habit was to add to the Gloria and other invariable texts additional texts or responses to emphasise specific teachings). This contributed, in a way as much as Charlemagne and the Franks making the Roman Missal the one used in Francia, to the fixity of the Roman Rite as confirmed at Trent. It has several Irish Feasts like 'All the Saints of Ireland' of 6th Nov or universal Feasts like the Immaculate Heart of Mary with the approbation of an Irish bishop. It was an Irish missal or one used by Irish monks.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Gardener

Prayerful

Quote from: Gardener on November 19, 2018, 07:59:06 AM
For Prayerful:

Given how all online games go, some modder (the word now used for those who script these client end cheat consoles) will have that working at the tap of a button. Once it is working properly, say stash and carry limits, there should be more traffic.

Oil filter conversion for my Wolseley 16/60, which will allow an infinitely easier and better screw on oil filter, probably brushes etc. for the seized up wiper motor, perhaps a new motor, but I hope note. Fresh points cover w/ gasket for my motorbike which my Dad had reversed into, tipping it over. No damage except the cover broke.

martin88nyc

Veritas Press' The New Marian Missal (1958 reprint) in almost mint condition  :)

I paid only 10$ plus 4$ for shipping.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Matto

On Sunday I bought the Angelus Press Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary from the Church book store. I started praying it and it is delightful.
https://angeluspress.org/products/little-office-of-the-blessed-virgin-mary
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

Christe Eleison

Quote from: martin88nyc on December 07, 2018, 09:35:37 PM
Veritas Press' The New Marian Missal (1958 reprint) in almost mint condition  :)

I paid only 10$ plus 4$ for shipping.

I am happy for you, Martin. That is a good deal & find! :thumbsup:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Matto on December 07, 2018, 09:47:07 PM
On Sunday I bought the Angelus Press Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary from the Church book store. I started praying it and it is delightful.
https://angeluspress.org/products/little-office-of-the-blessed-virgin-mary

Ave Maria! :pray2:

Thanks for the link, Matto! :thumbsup: I will be checking it out. God Bless you!

Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception! :pray3: