File Syncing: which programs are easiest, and do most?

Started by Bernadette, March 25, 2017, 08:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on March 29, 2017, 05:52:21 PM
Quote from: Gardener on March 29, 2017, 05:48:36 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 29, 2017, 05:46:09 PM
Ladies; gentlemen: I'm building my own;D :grin:

You... you.... cannot build your own! The Guild will not allow it! You're putting 10 year old Chinese kids out of work!

But I must. I am compelled to. And I can even "make" it virtuous (go ahead: ask me how. C'mon.)  ;D

Congratulations - you have been assimilated. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 26, 2017, 11:29:34 PM
Quote from: Lynne on March 26, 2017, 04:11:58 AM
For organizing notes, I love Evernote. It syncs across all my devices and its search capability is very good.
Ever note was good now they charge money :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sometimes you have to pay for things that are good. It's one of the *few* apps that I've paid the subscription for. And it is still free, you just can't do as much with it.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Lynne on April 02, 2017, 04:53:15 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 26, 2017, 11:29:34 PM
Quote from: Lynne on March 26, 2017, 04:11:58 AM
For organizing notes, I love Evernote. It syncs across all my devices and its search capability is very good.
Ever note was good now they charge money :(

Sometimes you have to pay for things that are good. It's one of the *few* apps that I've paid the subscription for. And it is still free, you just can't do as much with it.
I don't disagree there! 

I just never got immersed enough in it to find it worthwhile.  I still like paper stuff.  :)

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bernadette

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 29, 2017, 11:32:33 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 29, 2017, 05:46:09 PM
Ladies; gentlemen: I'm building my own (Laptop)! ;D :grin:
  I'll sync at home, at night, and charge there, too. And get a cheap, 4G tablet or something for texting with. I feel so smart.  :P

Why would you build a laptop?  O.o

Seemed like a good idea at the time?  :huh: I like portability.  :shrug:
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

So, Evernote. Can you handwrite notes using a stylus? Or are you stuck tapping at the on-screen keyboard?
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bernadette

Quote from: Gardener on April 28, 2017, 06:28:12 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on April 28, 2017, 05:37:20 AM
So, Evernote. Can you handwrite notes using a stylus? Or are you stuck tapping at the on-screen keyboard?

Did you even Google? :)

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/06/23/6-ways-evernote-embraces-handwriting/

Why should I google, when Lynne is here and can answer from her own experience? This seemed the shortest way of getting an answer.  :shrug: :P
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on April 28, 2017, 07:00:55 AM
Quote from: Gardener on April 28, 2017, 06:28:12 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on April 28, 2017, 05:37:20 AM

Did you even Google? :)

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/06/23/6-ways-evernote-embraces-handwriting/

Why should I google, when Lynne is here and can answer from her own experience? This seemed the shortest way of getting an answer.  :shrug: :P

I have never tried using a stylus with Evernote...I don't even own a stylus.  :D I will check the blog post out.

:cheeseheadbeer:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"