Alchohol through the ages

Started by poche, January 01, 2013, 12:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poche

Several archaeological finds suggest that alchohol has been a social glue in parties from the dawn of civilization.
:) :) :)

http://news.yahoo.com/alcohol-social-lubricant-10-000-years-153158917.html

EcceQuamBonum

Here's a related (and awesome) article about an archaeologist who collaborates with Dogfish Head to create beer recipes based on residue he finds in ancient pottery shards:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/The-Beer-Archaeologist.html
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Penelope

Dogfish Head  <3

The brew pub is about 20 minutes north of where my fiance lives and then brewery is about 20 minutes north of that. Great fun is had during every visit to either location.

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Penelope on January 04, 2013, 10:28:16 PM
Dogfish Head  <3

The brew pub is about 20 minutes north of where my fiance lives and then brewery is about 20 minutes north of that. Great fun is had during every visit to either location.

Does he live around Dewey Beach, I'm guessing?

My ex-girlfriend's family used to go to Dewey of the summers.  I joined them a couple of times and never got to go to Dogfish Head.  I don't really miss her, but I do regret that I never got to go on the brewery tour.   ;D
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Penelope

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 04, 2013, 10:34:23 PM
Quote from: Penelope on January 04, 2013, 10:28:16 PM
Dogfish Head  <3

Does he live around Dewey Beach, I'm guessing?

A bit south of there, yes.

Quote from: EQBMy ex-girlfriend's family used to go to Dewey of the summers.  I joined them a couple of times and never got to go to Dogfish Head.  I don't really miss her, but I do regret that I never got to go on the brewery tour.   ;D

You should post that in the "life biggest regrets" thread. That's truly a pity, because it's a really fun tour and they give out some beer samples of whatever they have brewing at the time. I haven't been since they added to their campus in Milton, but I bet it's even better than when I was there.

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: EQBMy ex-girlfriend's family used to go to Dewey of the summers.  I joined them a couple of times and never got to go to Dogfish Head.  I don't really miss her, but I do regret that I never got to go on the brewery tour.   ;D

You should post that in the "life biggest regrets" thread. That's truly a pity, because it's a really fun tour and they give out some beer samples of whatever they have brewing at the time. I haven't been since they added to their campus in Milton, but I bet it's even better than when I was there.
[/quote]

I only live a few hours away from there.  It might almost be worth the drive just to enjoy some of that sweet, sweet nectar right from the source.   :D