Do you have Cable?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 10:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jovan66102

Not TV and no cable. Of course, all I ever watch is Jeopardy, hockey and NCAA basketball and I go to the pub to watch those.
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

maryslittlegarden

I got rid of cable about 3 1/2 years ago.  Don't miss it a bit. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Pheo

The guy who lived in this apartment before me left his TV behind.  I don't think I've even turned it on since I moved in.  I'm not even remotely interested.

So no, no cable for me!
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Ancilla Domini

I have thought about getting satellite TV just so I could watch broadcasts from Europe and Latin America, but so far the cost doesn't seem worth it.

Melkite

Quote from: kayla_veronica on December 28, 2012, 10:15:37 AM
It is so not worth the money. I think it would be if you could go al-a-carte style with your channels. Netflix has most TV shows, though you have to wait a while after they are on TV to watch them.

A lot of cable companies in Canada offer a la carte channels, both individually and bundles.

I'd have no problem having just netflix if they'd start showing hgtv stuff.

OCLittleFlower

We have DirecTV, basically so we can have Universal Sports (Olympic sports like figure skating) and Fox News.

I can scroll through Netflix for hours, often finding nothing worth watching.  And it takes forever for them to add a season of a show.  I have a bit more luck with Hulu plus.

Also, is there some way to filter Netflix so you don't see raunchy covers?  I've never had my own account -- only played with a friend's.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

LouisIX

I think Netflix is great.  I have more things on my instant queue than I have time to watch.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.