Teaching Position - Padre Pio Academy, Ridgefield [filled]

Started by Daniel, January 01, 2017, 06:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

QuoteA teaching position at Padre Pio Academy in Ridgefield has unexpectedly opened up over the Christmas break. They are looking for a teacher ASAP to finish out this school year's spring semester.

The position would require the candidate to help proctor the high school home school program and to teach one mathematics course for the lower school Academy.

Classes begin January 9th.

Please contact Father David Thomas at [spoiler][PM me for his e-mail address][/spoiler] for further details.

That's pretty much all I know about the position, and any hiring would be at Father's discretion.

However, since it is an SSPX school, I'll give some general guidelines on the kind of people that SSPX schools hire as teachers, as I understand it:
- teachers must not be modernists, and must attend Mass with the SSPX (presumably only with the SSPX)
- teachers must possess virtue and be able to inspire their students, educationally and formatively. (Ideally they should have prior experience teaching/tutoring/working with children/etc., but I'm pretty sure that this is not absolutely necessary)
- teachers must thoroughly know and understand the course material (a degree is not absolutely required, though it does look nice and theoretically proves that the teacher actually does have the knowledge and understanding that he claims to have)
- teachers must complete the SSPX's teaching seminar, which gives them a theoretical and practical background on what education is exactly, and (I think) on the manner in which the teacher should present the course material to the students. (But I am thinking that this particular situation may warrant an exception to this requirement, since the seminar is only offered in the summer yet they are in need a teacher "ASAP"...)

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

How much is the pay? What benefits do they offer?

The position only entails teaching one Math class? Which class is it, and what grade are the students.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Heinrich

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 02, 2017, 01:41:25 PM

The position only entails teaching one Math class? Which class is it, and what grade are the students.

You ain't moving East, bro. You are a son of The Southwest now: expansive landscapes, blue skies, sun, low humidity, mountains, tamales. . .   .😁
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Chestertonian

we have tamales here

complete with expensive landscapes
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Heinrich

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 02, 2017, 02:28:29 PM
we have tamales here

When you come to visit Gardener, you'll know what I am talk'n 'bout.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Daniel

I don't know... I'm just some guy reposting the message which I had received as an e-mail forwarded to me from somebody who got it from somebody who sends out "Public Service Announcements" who was relaying the message from somebody who presumably got it from Father, lol

However, I can say that to my knowledge the Society really doesn't have a lot of money and their teachers hardly get paid anything. Like, you'd probably be paid hardly enough to even pay your rent if you were to move there.

Somebody like me could do it relatively easily though. Because I'm not married and I love math and children. But I personally can't do it because my spiritual director told me I shouldn't be teaching until I'm more virtuous. And besides that, I'm planning on going on a retreat on January 8th. And on top of all that, I tutor a student from my local SSPX school so I really can't go disappearing from town for the rest of the school year, lol

Quote from: Heinrich on January 02, 2017, 02:26:20 PMtamales
I'm from the East Coast, and I have never eaten a tamal. They aren't unheard of out there though. (Strangely enough, I'd always thought that the singular of "tamales" was "tamale"...)

Chestertonian

Quote from: Heinrich on January 02, 2017, 02:51:00 PM
we have tamales here

I bet that would be great Colorado is a beautiful state

I never had tamales there but I  remember having a sopapilla.. Not the sweet kind, had spicy beef, chheese and topped with green chile never had anything like that on the East coast
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Heinrich

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 02, 2017, 05:02:35 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on January 02, 2017, 02:51:00 PM
we have tamales here

I bet that would be great Colorado is a beautiful state

I never had tamales there but I  remember having a sopapilla.. Not the sweet kind, had spicy beef, chheese and topped with green chile never had anything like that on the East coast

To truly have ethnic ( American) food, you have to be in the respektive Region: Philly for Cheeseheads, Boston for Chowder, Denver for Dim sum foo with Rice noodles.

Kaesekopf

Cheesesteaks, not heads!  [emoji14]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Heinrich on January 02, 2017, 02:26:20 PM

You ain't moving East, bro. You are a son of The Southwest now: expansive landscapes, blue skies, sun, low humidity, mountains, tamales. . .   .😁

No plans to move. Just wanted to scope out.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."