Sorry Sedes

Started by LaramieHirsch, September 20, 2023, 03:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 28, 2023, 12:29:57 PM
Quote from: Greg on November 28, 2023, 01:35:02 AMWhat was the point of Bennyvacantism?

Ratzinger might as well have been in a coma or dead during his retirement.  He said and did absolutely nothing to oppose Bergoglio.

A more useless twat of a Pope it is hard to imagine.

Ratzinger was worse than JPII - I've said it before. JPII was obvious, Ratzinger hid under a cloak of traditionalism that attracted Trads.

I was generally a Bennyvacantist, in that I'm not a sede but I also do not believe Frank to be Pope, so Bene was it...but what was the point? Hardcore bennyvacantists couldn't see past their own nose - where do you stand when he dies? Now he's dead and they're ignoring the issue of "who's Pope now?"

Logically, you're a sede now. But very very very few BVers will admit that.

If you are a BVer, you should have no logical issue going to a sede Mass now that he's dead.

My position has always been that Ratzo was worse for the Church than Jorge.

Jorge is, so to speak, an up front see you next Tuesday.

Ratzo was the behind the scenes one. Modernism wrapped up in lace, incense, and Latin.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bonaventure on November 29, 2023, 12:24:50 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 28, 2023, 12:29:57 PM
Quote from: Greg on November 28, 2023, 01:35:02 AMWhat was the point of Bennyvacantism?

Ratzinger might as well have been in a coma or dead during his retirement.  He said and did absolutely nothing to oppose Bergoglio.

Ratzinger was worse than JPII - I've said it before. JPII was obvious, Ratzinger hid under a cloak of traditionalism that attracted Trads.

I was generally a Bennyvacantist, in that I'm not a sede but I also do not believe Frank to be Pope, so Bene was it...but what was the point? Hardcore bennyvacantists couldn't see past their own nose - where do you stand when he dies? Now he's dead and they're ignoring the issue of "who's Pope now?"

Logically, you're a sede now. But very very very few BVers will admit that.

If you are a BVer, you should have no logical issue going to a sede Mass now that he's dead.

My position has always been that Ratzo was worse for the Church than Jorge.

Jorge is, so to speak, an up front see you next Tuesday.

Ratzo was the behind the scenes one. Modernism wrapped up in lace, incense, and Latin.

I generally agree with you, but I think Franks an anti-Pope so that's why I compared him to JPII - same logic though
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Mono no aware

Good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all sedevacantists now.

Santantonio

Quote from: Bonaventure on November 29, 2023, 12:23:43 PM

It was a cope for anti Francis people to be able to wash their hands of the bastard, whilst saying "look, we aren't sedes. Yuck. Ick, not them."

There was a lot more to it than that. The reasons why I'm plenedubito have nothing to do with "Francis" wanting to appoint more women into theological commissions or his weaponized ambiguities and in-your-face leftism. It's the conclave and the resignation of B16.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Santantonio on December 04, 2023, 03:38:13 PM

It was a cope for anti Francis people to be able to wash their hands of the bastard, whilst saying "look, we aren't sedes. Yuck. Ick, not them."

There was a lot more to it than that. The reasons why I'm plenedubito have nothing to do with "Francis" wanting to appoint more women into theological commissions or his weaponized ambiguities and in-your-face leftism. It's the conclave and the resignation of B16.

And all the claims are ridiculous bullshit.

Ratzinger repeatedly denied and renounced them. As ridiculous as Siri thesis.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Santantonio

Quote from: Bonaventure on December 04, 2023, 06:39:22 PM

But NOT as ridiculous as thinking that a man forced out under duress by threats would change his mind and let the payback happen. Whatever they threatened him with was still there all the time when he was kept at the Vatican under house arrest. That's the WHOLE POINT.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Santantonio on December 08, 2023, 05:13:41 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on December 04, 2023, 06:39:22 PM

But NOT as ridiculous as thinking that a man forced out under duress by threats would change his mind and let the payback happen. Whatever they threatened him with was still there all the time when he was kept at the Vatican under house arrest. That's the WHOLE POINT.

Yawn. Heard the same thing about Siri.

"They WoUlDa KiLlEd HiS FaMiLy."

I never put all my hopes in a wordy modernist who liked to peddle his muck dressed up with lace, incense, and Latin, and who was to scared to stand up and face anything necessary, including death, to stand up for the Church and position.

If you are right and he was forced out by mere threats and duress and under "house arrest," then the Vatican deserves to be the current shithole that it is and we as humanity deserve the Novus Ordo Church.

Ratzo the Cowardly Pope.

Greg

Did David Bawden's family ever elect a successor?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

josh987654321

Indeed it's very sad, but he was still my Holy Father, that conclusion I cannot escape, and it may be a bitter pill to swallow but a usurper such as Bergoglio, is totally unacceptable. Furthermore, through Divine Providence this may also be the catalyst in restoring the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church which has been ailing for a long time (before I was even born) and waking up others who were previously asleep at the wheel.

It's the only pathway forward I can see and more importantly, it's IMO the only valid pathway forward. In any case, nothing can be done until Obama's Administration (even predating this, with Bush, Clinton etc) more specifically, the USA Deep State finally falls and the full truth about Obama's Administrations involvement with deposing Pope Benedict XVI comes out, when Our Lady's Immaculate Heart Triumphs after the enemy has had their day, destroyed the Church and think they have won, after His passion and death comes the resurrection.

Luke 8:17
17 For there is not any thing secret that shall not be made manifest, nor hidden, that shall not be known and come abroad.

God Bless
"I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone." (Diary, 1760)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Greg on December 27, 2023, 03:50:03 AMDid David Bawden's family ever elect a successor?
You must of course be referring to Pope Michael (Wilson) II! Habemus Papa!
Send your Peter's Pence donations to the address that will be provided
latter on on this thread.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers