Is The Forum Still Positive On Trump?

Started by Innocent Smith, February 18, 2019, 08:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on February 19, 2019, 02:33:55 PM
Quote from: Graham on February 19, 2019, 02:32:06 PM
Quote from: Gardener on February 19, 2019, 02:17:54 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on February 19, 2019, 01:43:08 PM

Gotta stay in solidly red states in red districts in red neighborhoods(or rural areas). Also, MAGA hat also come in camo. That is the one I am getting.

We had a black dude at work who very unironically wore several different MAGA hats, including the camo one.

Dude was all things Trump. He even had a Trump bobble head doll on his desk. Dude was hardcore Republican.

BASED BLACK GUY

Asked him once what his career goal was and he replied, "To get a job where I make enough money that I can buy land and shoot my guns."

Brother from another mother.

Dang on. Dat guy woke.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

martin88nyc

I heard Trump was just snookered into signing a bill which prohibits the construction of a wall. 
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Graham

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 20, 2019, 09:18:01 AM
I heard Trump was just snookered into signing a bill which prohibits the construction of a wall.

False. Through executive action he has freed up billions more than the budget allowed and steel WALL is going up as we post. Be whitepilled my friend.

Sen

I had the delusion that abortion might be overturned with the appointment of conservative Justices. I now realize that abortion is here to stay. The only thing left to fight for are conscience rights (which the liberals are trying to do away with) for Catholics not to participate in abortion and similar immoral acts in the workplace.

Trump is merely a band-aid on the inevitable demographic changes of this country, which will cement a liberal one-party state. As others have said on here, we have lost the culture war. Even if Trump builds the wall, subsequent presidents can tear it down or simply open the gates.

I pray for the dissolution of this empire and the subsequent creation of a smaller 'Catholic American' state from the ashes. This is the only real solution I can envision, that the separate ideological groups of America separate and form their own countries.

Santantonio

I am not positive about Trump whatsoever, and never have been.

Graham

Quote from: Santantonio on February 20, 2019, 04:28:18 PM
I am not positive about Trump whatsoever, and never have been.

Better get that T level checked buddyboy

martin88nyc

Quote from: Graham on February 20, 2019, 12:13:29 PM

False. Through executive action he has freed up billions more than the budget allowed and steel WALL is going up as we post. Be whitepilled my friend.
So did he sign that bill or not?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Lambda Phage

Coulter is an idiot without a realistic path to enact any of the things she desires. It's cool that you're angry and look super conservative by acting more conservative than anybody else, but making any of this reality requires a degree of prudence that Trump has and his conservative critics lack.

My vote for Trump was and will be a vote for Trump and not a vote against the other person. When taking into consideration the time and place he has had to work in he is in my opinion the best statesman planet Earth has seen in the last 30 years.

Lambda Phage

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 20, 2019, 09:09:32 PM
Quote from: Graham on February 20, 2019, 12:13:29 PM

So did he sign that bill or not?

He signed a bill which is more or less temporary and he will build the wall regardless. He did exactly what I would have done.

He said he'd declare an emergency if he didn't get funding.
They offered no funding.
He shut down the government.
He got some (barely any) funding.
He declared an emergency anyway.

It was predictable but apparently everyone else was stunned and outraged.

martin88nyc

carmina laetitiae

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 21, 2019, 12:04:14 PM
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-administration-launches-global-effort-end-criminalization-homosexuality-n973081

I looked into the execution of the man in Iran for simply being gay and found a story from the Jerusalem Post (NOT a pro-Islam propaganda outlet by any means). In it, the journalist stated that the man in question had been accused of kidnapping two 15 year old boys and raping them.

TradGranny

Quote from: Sen on February 20, 2019, 01:51:45 PM
I had the delusion that abortion might be overturned with the appointment of conservative Justices. I now realize that abortion is here to stay. The only thing left to fight for are conscience rights (which the liberals are trying to do away with) for Catholics not to participate in abortion and similar immoral acts in the workplace.

Trump is merely a band-aid on the inevitable demographic changes of this country, which will cement a liberal one-party state. As others have said on here, we have lost the culture war. Even if Trump builds the wall, subsequent presidents can tear it down or simply open the gates.

I pray for the dissolution of this empire and the subsequent creation of a smaller 'Catholic American' state from the ashes. This is the only real solution I can envision, that the separate ideological groups of America separate and form their own countries.

I am thankful for the band-aid.

He waded into the satantic cesspool known as the United Nations and talked to the one-worlders about love for our respective nations.

Each Christmas he praises the birth of "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

He is not the Clinton Crime Syndicate.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Prayerful

Far, far better than the alternatives. Perhaps some in the system see him as a good stop gap while they prep someone better (for them or more vote winning) than Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

The Iranian sodomite indeed got the end of a telescopic crane cable for rape and kidnap. The verdict and punishment were correct.

Pope St Pius V of Horrendum Illud Scelus would surely have considered the same acceptable for a pervert V2 priest, with maybe an initial half hanging too for heresy and debasement of the Mass.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Graham

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-administration-to-ban-abortion-referrals-by-taxpayer-funded-family-planning-clinics

Trump administration to ban abortion referrals by taxpayer-funded family planning clinics
QuoteThe Trump administration announced Friday that it intends to bar taxpayer-funded family planning centers from promoting or perfoming abortions or referring women to other clinics for them -- a move that is likely to yank money from groups like Planned Parenthood.

Xavier

Gotta Love President Trump: "BREAKING: Trump admin cuts $60 million from Planned Parenthood

Abortion, Defunding Planned Parenthood, Donald Trump, Family Planning Grants, Health And Human Services, Planned Parenthood, Taxpayer Funding Of Abortion, Title X

WASHINGTON, D.C., February 22, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – The Trump administration's Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released its final rule changing funding regulations under the Title X family planning program, a long-awaited action expected to reduce Planned Parenthood's federal tax subsidies by almost $60 million.

President Donald Trump announced the move last May, which will require facilities providing Title X services to be physically separate from those that commit or refer for abortions. Under the previous rules, Title X services and abortions could "co-locate" in the same center, as long as the abortions were privately funded. Now, the money will be redirected to Women's Qualified Health Centers that are not involved in abortions, which dramatically outnumber Planned Parenthood locations across the United States https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaking-trump-admin-cuts-60-million-from-planned-parenthood

Also, "We thank President Trump for taking decisive action to disentangle taxpayers from the big abortion industry led by Planned Parenthood," Susan B. Anthony List president Marjorie Dannenfelser responded. "The Protect Life Rule does not cut family planning funding by a single dime, and instead directs tax dollars to entities that provide healthcare to women but do not perform abortions. The Title X program was not intended to be a slush fund for abortion businesses like Planned Parenthood, which violently ends the lives of more than 332,000 unborn babies a year and receives almost $60 million a year in Title X taxpayer dollars." 

I like President Trump's policies, even beside the moral issues; they're prudent and rational, and for the common good of America, whether it is on the economy, foreign policy, healthcare or immigration. If Hillary had been inflicted instead, there may have been 2 or 3 bad Supreme court justices by now, a nuclear war involving North Korea and Russia, and a market crash, beside much else. It was God's Mercy, and nations throughout the world would benefit from having similar leaders like him.

While appreciating President Trump, I think conservatives and traditionalists should be more bold in asking for more in the future: obviously there are constraints based on the number of seats Republicans have in the senate etc, but imho we should always go for the most strongly pro-life candidate (the kind that would correctly judge that abortion is a crime and violates the constitution) in judicial confirmations, especially to the supreme court. Hopefully, that will be done more in future.

If Trump wins in 2020, things look great for the future of America, at least legally and judicially speaking. Conversion of heart of course is necessary and only the Gospel ultimately can transform society. Only the Gospel of Christ can finally bring peace. Lots of prayer is necessary, but I am hopeful. Perhaps Pence or someone can take up the reins of government after 2024. Let's see.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)