Happy Feast of Saint Pius X-Sept. 3, 2021-Friday

Started by Christe Eleison, September 03, 2021, 05:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christe Eleison

The Necessity of Prayer - Pope St. Pius X - Writings of the Saints

In honor of Pope St. Pius X's feast day in the old calendar, we read a selection from his "Apostolic Exhortation to the Catholic Clergy on Priestly Sanctity."

He urges us to pray always and emphasizes the great benefits that are derived from meditation upon God.

:pray2: :pray3:

SAINT PIUS X, ORA PRO NOBIS!!

Christe Eleison

Pope St. Pius X- Pope of the Blessed Sacrament.

A sermon on modernism being warned about by Pope St Pius X

Pope Saint Pius X (Italian: Pio X) born Giuseppe Melchiorre Sarto (2 June 1835 – 20 August 1914), was Pope from August 1903 to his death in 1914.

He was canonized in 1954.

Pius X is known for vigorously opposing modernist interpretations of Catholic doctrine, promoting traditional devotional practices and orthodox theology.

:pray3: :pray2:

Christe Eleison

HAPPY FEAST OF SAINT PIUS X- Friday, September 3, 2021

Pascendi Gregis by Pope St.Pius X:

An encyclical on the Doctrines of the Modernists

Written in a manner which is ideal for spoken-word production. It is clear, forthright, concise, descriptive, it is like a mountain stream in a desert, with a reputation of miraculously curing spiritual blindness.  Rev. Hugh Thwaites, SJ reads it for us

"Pope Saint Pius X, the former Giuseppe Sarto, was very holy from childhood.  He had as his best friend his guardian angel, whom he could see and talk to. His angel passed through locked doors of the office where the visiting bishop would sit down to review applications to the seminary.  His angel carried and placed young Giuseppe Sarto's letter of application to priestly studies on top of the pile of application letters. "

"The rest is history. Saint Pius X, please pray for us!"

Melkor

You beat me to it Christe Eleison! Happy feast day everyone! Was able to go to a sung high Mass tonight.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Christe Eleison

The Seraphic Order: Saint Pius X - Sep. 3rd

September 3rd, Feast day of Saint Pius X

Reading taken from "The Seraphic Order: A Traditional Franciscan Book of Saints"
Available Exclusively on Mediatrix Press
www.mediatrixpress.com 

:pray2: :pray3:

The Life of St. Pius X

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Melkor on September 03, 2021, 07:32:20 PM
You beat me to it Christe Eleison! Happy feast day everyone! Was able to go to a sung high Mass tonight.

Dear Melkor,
Thanks for your post! :thumbsup:
Happy Feast Day to you as well! :pray3: :pray2:
I am glad that you were able to go to a sung High Mass! :pray1: That is a Blessing!

May God Bless you!
Saint Pius X, ORA PRO NOBIS! :pray3:

Christe Eleison

POPE PIUS X LAID TO REST

The body of Pope Pius X begins its journey towards the city of Venice where it will be kept for a month and then will be returned to Rome. The journey started from the Vatican city railway station which is only used for loading and unloading freight. The embalmed body of the saint, Pope Pius X was carried in secret from the Vatican where it was kept in a railway coach which had been transformed into a Chapel for the occasion