Why are we not allowed to destroy buildings that will be used for evil?

Started by Daniel, October 22, 2014, 08:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Just something I was wondering...

I know that if an axe murderer puts his axe down and walks away for a few minutes, then we can (and should) take his axe and dispose of it, in order to prevent him from killing more people with it.  And taking his property is not stealing in this situation because he already surrendered his rights to the property by using it against its nature.

So, why doesn't this same logic apply to buildings that people use for evil?  (e.g. non-Catholic worship buildings, strip clubs, abortion clinics, etc.)  I'm not referring to harming the people who are in the buildings, but I'm wondering why, when the building is empty, we are not allowed to vandalize it or even completely destroy it?

Sockpuppet

JubilateDeo

An axe murderer uses the axe as his tool of destruction. 

In the situations you describe, the building is the setting for the evil act.  You might be justified in destroying the tools the abortionist uses to perform the abortion, but the building itself does not perform the abortion. 

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Southern Ascetic

I would definitely have a priest come and bless it before using it. The building itself is not evil per se though.

james03

This is actually a question I struggle with.  My answer is a cop out.  I say I'll wait until my leaders, the bishops, tell me to do something.  Probably why we are all going to get slammed by the chastisement.

There is one aspect, chance of success.  Say you go and firebomb a clinic.  You won't cause fellow citizens to rise up, so it is pointless.  Most likely you'll go to jail and get sodomized daily for the rest of your life.  Your cell mate will rename you Candy. 
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Irishcyclist

Southern Ascetic

Quote from: james03 on October 23, 2014, 09:29:59 AM
This is actually a question I struggle with.  My answer is a cop out.  I say I'll wait until my leaders, the bishops, tell me to do something.  Probably why we are all going to get slammed by the chastisement.

There is one aspect, chance of success.  Say you go and firebomb a clinic.  You won't cause fellow citizens to rise up, so it is pointless.  Most likely you'll go to jail and get sodomized daily for the rest of your life.  Your cell mate will rename you Candy.

I lol'd at this. See, this is the kind of zeal I wish Catholics had, but it does not exist anymore for fear of persecution/imprisonment. St. Boniface went and chopped down the pagans sacred tree in Germany cir 600 A.D. or so and said "Where is your god now?" Many of them converted.

Today, unfortunately, we have this tolerance mind-set from the Americanist heresy of freedom of religion. It's one thing to tolerate prostitution/brothels because those will always exist, it's another to allow Satanists to publicly hold a black mass. I don't understand why some super hard-core zealous trads didn't go in there while that whole thing was going on and just start breaking stuff. I mean, that kind of zeal burns inside me, but I am the same as most Catholics, fear of imprisonment/persecution. At some point all this stuff has to give and Catholics have to start standing up for the good and go Elijah style and start slaying the pagans because really, that is the answer.

The modern era has really programmed us into being cowering little pussified sheep, and man, it sucks.

james03

Sadly the secular Americans are leading by example.  The Nevada Ranch stand off.  Americans basically had enough, said screw you Feds you are not taking this man's grazing rights.

Burke coming out and leading, albeit in a small way, is promising.

We have no leaders.  That is the kernel of the problem.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

james03

QuoteThe modern era has really programmed us into being cowering little pussified sheep, and man, it sucks.
It's the pepperoni strategy.  Shave off one small thin slice of our rights at a time.  Introduce one small sliver of evil.  The defense against this is the bishopric.  The bishops used to be able to rally the Catholics.  That is gone.  Bishops today are lovers of politics, in bed with the government.  They love their parties and dinners, rubbing shoulders with the famous.  And many are compromised because they are sodomites.

If leadership comes, it will probably be from the SSPX. 

The weakness of the pepperoni theory is the end.  At the end, there is nothing left.  And as Gerald Celente says, when people have nothing left to lose, they lose it.  Especially in the US where there is a strong culture of subsidiarity which would take generations to brainwash out.  So either the bishops stand up, or we will have some sort of societal meltdown.  In the meantime, the Lord has a whole lot of Justice He'll be delivering.

Southern Ascetic

Yes, Celente is interesting to listen to. When I listen to AJ, I always like him as a guest.