???????????

Started by Cameron PM, October 15, 2017, 08:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron PM

Do any prayerbooks exist in the Russian language? I've been looking forever, and it is my second language.

Catholic preferred, Orthodox appreciated.
From quiet homes and first beginning, out to the undiscovered ends, there's nothing worth the wear of winning, but laughter and the love of friends.
Hilaire Belloc

Regina Caeli

Surely you are not having trouble finding Orthodox prayer books in Russian? I can imagine Catholic prayer books would be much more difficult. Have you tried looking for one in Ukrainian? It is supposed to be highly mutually intelligible with Russian. Or are you only interested in the Russian language?

abc123

Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville publishes a Russian Orthodox prayerbook in Church Slavonic(I have a copy). I'm not sure I've seen any prayerbooks in Russian from any sellers in the States. Most Russian Orthodox service and prayerbooks are in Slavonic.

aquinas138

There are a few Orthodox options here. I would like to see the table of contents on that book of Akathists.

If you are set on Catholic-only books, you might try contacting St. Michael's in NYC; they're a Russian Catholic community.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

sedmohradsko

???? ?? ???????? ????? ???????????? ???????????!  ???? ?????? ???-?? ?????????????, ???????? ????????, ???? ???? ???????????-?? ?? ???????? ?????. 

LausTibiChriste

Catholic prayerbooks in Russian do exist, but you'd have to go to Moscow for 'em.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie