Croatian Language

Started by Albert Kopsho, August 30, 2016, 01:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Kopsho

I am half Croatian and half Czech. I know some Croatian words. Dobro jutro means good morning. Dobar dan means good afternoon. Laku noc means good night.
8)

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Albert Kopsho on August 30, 2016, 01:14:05 PM
I am half Croatian and half Czech. I know some Croatian words. Dobro jutro means good morning. Dobar dan means good afternoon. Laku noc means good night.
8)

I too am half Croation. My Grandparents on dad's side came over settled in missouri. Grandpa began with a bar in a Croation neighborhood. Eventually bought properties up and down the Missouri River and was part owner of Redii-Mix cement company. He was a wealthy man who lived like a pauper seeking sales on day old food. He was angry that my father moved out of state. Never forgave him for that!  I do not know the language at all or even the culture other than what I saw on our every other summer visit to grandpa and grandma's house.  Which always ended with fights. Grandpa was a hard man.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Albert Kopsho

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 30, 2016, 06:18:09 PM
Quote from: Albert Kopsho on August 30, 2016, 01:14:05 PM
8)

I too am half Croation. My Grandparents on dad's side came over settled in missouri. Grandpa began with a bar in a Croation neighborhood. Eventually bought properties up and down the Missouri River and was part owner of Redii-Mix cement company. He was a wealthy man who lived like a pauper seeking sales on day old food. He was angry that my father moved out of state. Never forgave him for that!  I do not know the language at all or even the culture other than what I saw on our every other summer visit to grandpa and grandma's house.  Which always ended with fights. Grandpa was a hard man.
My Grandparents on my dad's side came over and settled in Cuyuna, Minnesota which is 3 miles northeast of Crosby, Minnesota where my dad graduated from Crosby-Ironton High School in 1935. Cuyuna, Minnesota is about 17 miles northeast of Brainerd, Minnensota. My dad's parents came from Podlapaca, Croatia with his dad graduating from college in Zagreb, Croatia. I have several distant cousins in Podlapaca, Croatia.
8)