"More than just rumors - news from the swamp"

Started by Kaesekopf, February 06, 2023, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wenceslas

QuoteVenerable Pope Pius IX († 1878) recognized the danger that a future pope would be a heretic and teach contrary to the Catholic Faith, and he instructed, do not follow him.

"If a future pope teaches anything contrary to the Catholic Faith, do not follow him." (Letter to Bishop Brizen)

Pope Innocent III († 1216) stated that a pope can wither away into heresy and not believe the Faith.

"The pope should not flatter himself about his power, nor should he rashly glory in his honour and high estate, because the less he is judged by man, the more he is judged by God. Still the less can the Roman Pontiff glory, because he can be judged by men, or rather, can be shown to be already judged, if for example he should wither away into heresy, because "he who does not believe is already judged." (St. John 3:18) In such a case it should be said of him: 'If salt should lose its savor, it is good for nothing but to be cast out and trampled under foot by men.'" (Sermo 4)

The first Doctor of the Church, St. Athanasius († 373), told us that Catholics faithful to Tradition can be reduced to a handful. He wrote during the Arian crisis, when the global episcopacy defected to Arianism and Pope Liberius († 366) went into heresy, signed a heretical Arian creed and invalidly excommunicated St. Athanasius, as did the heretical bishops of the East.

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." (Epistle to the Catholics)

St. Athanasius, my favorite saint in this day and age.

The Francis boot lickers will be cast out into utter darkness one day.

Fuerza

Quote from: King Wenceslas on February 09, 2023, 11:08:07 AM
QuoteVenerable Pope Pius IX († 1878) recognized the danger that a future pope would be a heretic and teach contrary to the Catholic Faith, and he instructed, do not follow him.

"If a future pope teaches anything contrary to the Catholic Faith, do not follow him." (Letter to Bishop Brizen)

Pope Innocent III († 1216) stated that a pope can wither away into heresy and not believe the Faith.

"The pope should not flatter himself about his power, nor should he rashly glory in his honour and high estate, because the less he is judged by man, the more he is judged by God. Still the less can the Roman Pontiff glory, because he can be judged by men, or rather, can be shown to be already judged, if for example he should wither away into heresy, because "he who does not believe is already judged." (St. John 3:18) In such a case it should be said of him: 'If salt should lose its savor, it is good for nothing but to be cast out and trampled under foot by men.'" (Sermo 4)

The first Doctor of the Church, St. Athanasius († 373), told us that Catholics faithful to Tradition can be reduced to a handful. He wrote during the Arian crisis, when the global episcopacy defected to Arianism and Pope Liberius († 366) went into heresy, signed a heretical Arian creed and invalidly excommunicated St. Athanasius, as did the heretical bishops of the East.

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." (Epistle to the Catholics)

St. Athanasius, my favorite saint in this day and age.

The Francis boot lickers will be cast out into utter darkness one day.

Athanasius would be a really cool papal name. If only there were a tradition-friendly bishop who already used it...

drummerboy

Quote from: OzarkCatholic on February 08, 2023, 03:09:16 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on February 08, 2023, 11:52:30 AM
Quote from: Jmartyr on February 06, 2023, 04:17:08 PMWe just purchased a bigger SSPX chapel. Come on in.

I can only hope, if it comes to it, the ICKSP has some sort of merger with the FSSPX.  We already know the FSSP won't.

That would be awkward, considering the institute has moved to a pre-55 model while SSPX adheres to '62. In fact, most diocesan clerics who offer the TLM tend to follow DA calendar with multiple collects, etc. I think it helps that they are often trained by the canons of the institute at De Sales Oratory.

And here in the STL region, we also have the diocesan TLM only Sts Gregory & Augustine Oratory, where they have also moved in a pre-55ism direction, with the Archbishop being tacitly favorable. It helps that then-abp. Burke structured the community as a second oratory dedicated to the old rite.
Quote from: OzarkCatholic on February 08, 2023, 03:09:16 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on February 08, 2023, 11:52:30 AM
Quote from: Jmartyr on February 06, 2023, 04:17:08 PMWe just purchased a bigger SSPX chapel. Come on in.

I can only hope, if it comes to it, the ICKSP has some sort of merger with the FSSPX.  We already know the FSSP won't.

That would be awkward, considering the institute has moved to a pre-55 model while SSPX adheres to '62. In fact, most diocesan clerics who offer the TLM tend to follow DA calendar with multiple collects, etc. I think it helps that they are often trained by the canons of the institute at De Sales Oratory.

And here in the STL region, we also have the diocesan TLM only Sts Gregory & Augustine Oratory, where they have also moved in a pre-55ism direction, with the Archbishop being tacitly favorable. It helps that then-abp. Burke structured the community as a second oratory dedicated to the old rite.

It's more an issue of needing bishops to continue ordination and govern.  The ICKSP would probably have Card. Burke and Bishop Schneider help out or join, not sure about Vigano, he seems the lone voice in the wilderness type.  But none of them are young, and Burke of course dodged a bullet with covid
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Richard Malcolm

Quote from: Acolyte on February 06, 2023, 02:12:46 PMNotice how Francis pulls these stunts during Advent and Lent ?

Uh....Traditionis Custodes was issued in July.

Acolyte

Quote from: Richard Malcolm on February 13, 2023, 12:17:14 AM
Quote from: Acolyte on February 06, 2023, 02:12:46 PMNotice how Francis pulls these stunts during Advent and Lent ?

Uh....Traditionis Custodes was issued in July.

Right, but leaked during Lent iirc.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Bonaventure

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 08, 2023, 08:45:28 PM
Quote from: Fuerza on February 08, 2023, 08:14:18 PMDo you know which version of the Good Friday prayer for the Jews the ICKSP uses? The pre 1962 or the revised 2008 BXVI version?

They use the one from Benedict XVI, sadly. 

:-X
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."