New Year's Resolutions Anyone...?

Started by drummerboy, December 26, 2013, 01:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

per_passionem_eius

How do you make resolutions?  Internally, or do you write them down, or do you make them into a prayer?  Just wondering what works for you all.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.

http://fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/

per_passionem_eius

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 27, 2013, 12:12:44 PM
I usually choose a virtue to emulate as well as something secular.

This year's virtue is temperence and the secular thing is to be more prudent with our money.

Hope they don't turn around and smack me in the face like humility did.  lol   :doh:

:lol:

But those are very good ideas.  Thanks.

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith.

http://fatherfeeney.wordpress.com/

erin is nice

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on December 27, 2013, 11:41:51 AM
I want to get more organized.  Our move happened with less time than we expected and more road hazards than we planned for, but that was two years ago and its time to get things more ironed out and running more smoothly.  Even if it means rearranging all the storage, etc.

Me too. We moved almost two years ago, also... Fortunately, I can't really start until the weather warms up  :lol:

drummerboy

Quote from: per_passionem_eius on January 04, 2014, 10:23:11 AM
How do you make resolutions?  Internally, or do you write them down, or do you make them into a prayer? Just wondering what works for you all.

I repeat mine to myself 10,000 times daily so it becomes like a mantra for me.

:o

Just messing around.  Mine are in my head.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Basilios

Become better looking but I'm not sure if possible as a resolution.

My looks is something that I know I am good in. I have looked at a 1,000 mirrors in every angle imaginable. I have measured my face, my nose-width ratio etc...I have studied what makes people attractive
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Ancilla Domini

I've resolved to stop flirting with other languages and devote myself entirely to Portuguese.  :)

Of course I'll stay good friends with French, Italian, and Spanish.

But Greek, Turkish, Romanian... It's time to admit, it's just not gonna work out...

piabee

Quote from: Basilios on January 04, 2014, 02:34:34 PM

My looks is something that I know I am good in. I have looked at a 1,000 mirrors in every angle imaginable. I have measured my face, my nose-width ratio etc...I have studied what makes people attractive

U wot m8

Basilios

Quote from: piabee on January 06, 2014, 12:35:47 AM

U wot m8

Lol. It's a copy pasta.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

zork

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on January 05, 2014, 11:14:08 PM
I've resolved to stop flirting with other languages and devote myself entirely to Portuguese.  :)

But Greek, Turkish, Romanian... It's time to admit, it's just not gonna work out...

Reading Heinrich's posts in German has really shown me how deficient my knowledge and usage of the language truly is. Thus I've resolved to set aside Russian indefinitely and just stick with the Father Language of my ancestors (not the Scotish ones--I mean the other ones).

Also, I've resolved to do more traveling on my own instead of just with family; maybe visit out west or back to the 'usual' haunts of the Southeast.

Also, I'm working on being less annoying, and to stop being curmudgeonly and defensive altogether. So far I've found praying seven Hail Marys in the morning to be a surprisingly (or NOT surprisingly) effective way to be more charitable and overall chill while dealing with others.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

drummerboy

Are you serious?  You're already a nice-looking gent as it is.

Quote from: Ancilla Domini on January 05, 2014, 11:14:08 PM

If you were learning Iranian too I was tempted to ask if you're an Olympic wrestler or something lol :o

As for me learning Czech, not for a very long time; Greek and Latin first.  Too bad it died out in my area though.  My parents remember it (Czech) being spoken, but from what my mom said her parents were never interested in keeping it up because they were Americans now, no need for it.

Basilios

You said I am good looking brah.... No homo?

Jakes aside, no I  am not serious, I was using a copy pasta.

drummerboy

Quote from: Basilios on January 06, 2014, 12:11:05 PM

Hey, being gay is a gift, remember? :o

I thought you were joking, just wanted to be sure.  I was kind of worried you were going for plastic surgery and didn't want you doing something goofy you'd regret.

Basilios

Quote from: drummerboy on January 06, 2014, 12:19:10 PM
Quote from: Basilios on January 06, 2014, 12:11:05 PM

Hey, being gay is a gift, remember? :o

I thought you were joking, just wanted to be sure.  I was kind of worried you were going for plastic surgery and didn't want you doing something goofy you'd regret.

Oh lawd. The only plastic surgery I would get:

a) My teeth. I have gaps because the orthodontist said, "Not necessary to get braces, these gaps will be closed up by the time you're 16!" --- well that never happened. I also have a few skew ones from injuries.
b) My acne scarring, which isn't really bad except for close ups. My mom still had acne well into her 30's so I'm cursed with really bad skin, but fortunately men can get away with it and since I hit my 20's it's almost non-existent now save for a few flare ups and the scars.

Save for the above, I am a perfect male specimen.

drummerboy

Oh, I got bad skin too.  Nothing really helps much. oh well.