To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

Non Nobis

Quote from: Heinrich on October 25, 2018, 09:48:38 AM
[yt][/yt]

I really enjoyed that.   I've been meaning to learn German... since I am German (well that and Austrian).   I've always liked the sound of the language. It goes well with the proud and strong story this folk song is telling.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

james.rogerson

Heinrich

Quote from: Non Nobis on October 29, 2018, 07:58:50 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on October 25, 2018, 09:48:38 AM
[yt][/yt]

I really enjoyed that.   I've been meaning to learn German... since I am German (well that and Austrian).   I've always liked the sound of the language. It goes well with the proud and strong story this folk song is telling.

[yt][/yt]

Es gibt weiter Liedtext dazu. Wenn Sie wollen, kann ich Ihnen damit helfen.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

red solo cup

red solo cup

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

red solo cup

Quote from: Gardener on November 17, 2018, 07:42:34 AM
This did not help with discouraging my desire for a hurdy gurdy:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYJg9cLk1us[/yt]
So it's actually rubbing the strings like a bow rather than plucking or striking them. I always wondered what happened inside of those things.
I imagine their pricey.

Chestertonian

I've been listening to a lot of songs that remind me of my daughter not sure if that's good or bad...
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

red solo cup