Printers

Started by Archer, November 09, 2013, 10:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

We're looking at buying a new printer for home use.  Requirements: Must be a printer/copier with wifi and the ability to print off of an ipad. 

Budget: I'm willing put down a little bit of money if it's a quality product that will last, but I'd prefer not to break the bank. 

Any recommendations?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Megmary

Ours is an HP Officejet 6700 premium. It works great and I use it to print from my iPad all the time. We haven't had any problems with it and we've had it for almost 2 years. About $140 at Best Buy.
Fatima Prayers:
"O my God. I believe. I adore. I hope and I love Thee. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee."
"Most Holy Trinity. I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament."
"O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of Thy mercy."

Penelope

Unless you absolutely need to print in color, put out the money for a laser printer. It's cheaper long-term and more efficient. The toner cartridges last at least a couple thousand pages. We put this one on our wedding registry and someone actually bought it for us and it's been perfect for our needs. The one we bought for my father for Christmas last year (I forget the make and model) was maybe slightly more expensive but is wifi-capable. Now, a color laser printer is significantly more expensive, but really, how much color printing do most people need to do?

Lynne

Quote from: Megmary on November 09, 2013, 12:59:10 PM
Ours is an HP Officejet 6700 premium. It works great and I use it to print from my iPad all the time. We haven't had any problems with it and we've had it for almost 2 years. About $140 at Best Buy.

I love HP printers. Ours was slightly cheaper (around $100) and it also scans files and connect to wifi. We also got it from Best Buy.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: catquilt on November 11, 2013, 01:38:57 PM
Quote from: Megmary on November 09, 2013, 12:59:10 PM

I love HP printers. Ours was slightly cheaper (around $100) and it also scans files and connect to wifi. We also got it from Best Buy.

Second this.  HP printers are, in my experience, quality products.  I'm still using an HP Officejet 4200 that I got prior to my senior year in high school, which means it's been going strong now for over eight years.  And with heavy use at that!  I'd recently purchased a Canon MX340, but it quit working within six months of purchase.  So, back to the old stand-by.  Once I decide to upgrade, I'm definitely going with another HP.
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Archer

Thanks guys, I'll check those out. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Archer

Update:

I ended up buying this Brother printer.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHJ8QLQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It had the features we wanted, affordable ink cartridges, and received good overall reviews. 

Recovering NOer

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on November 11, 2013, 03:22:20 PMSecond this.  HP printers are, in my experience, quality products.

Tell me about it!  Mine is a very basic HP color printer but I've been using it for just over 13 years now with no problems whatsoever.

james03

I have a Brother laser printer at home that has been going strong for close to 10 years.  My Brother at work has been running since 2006.  I will buy Brother in the future.

HP is a good brand.   It comes down to price for me.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Dextimus

At home network I use old HP LJ 1010 connected by USB to D-link DNS-232 RAID file server, both visible from home WiFi. Additionally for colour printing I use Epson BX305FW (scanner + printer + fax). It has WiFI connectivity by default.
Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests behave like priests, your bishops, like bishops, and your religious like religious. (Ven. Peter John Fulton Sheen)